Supervisor 1st Shift - AdvancePierre Foods – Enid,
APF is a rapidly growing company that
values a talented, diverse, dedicated workforce. We have an opening for a Quality
Supervisor. We are proud to have a diverse team, value individual
contributions and talent and provide a wide array of developmental opportunities,
rewarding employees who are results-oriented, live up to their commitments,
and can align their work activities with our goals.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
- Will act as the facility SQF
Practitioner in the Quality Manager's absence.
- Verify and validate the
established Quality Programs; PCCP, Child Nutrition, Process controls,
SSOP and HACCP Programs.
- Verify Quality functions on
incoming raw material, in process, and finished goods to ensure
compliance to specifications.
- Supervise the staff of Quality Technicians
- Monitor procedures and customer
- Conduct tests, projects, and
process improvement work to obtain company's goals.
- Investigate customer complaints
and assist in product recall.
- Maintain and verify all products on
Quality, HACCP, and Outside HOLD.
- Work with other departments on
continuous improvement of quality, yields, and efficiencies so the
company can be more successful.
- Improve the effectiveness of the
Quality and SQF system to better serve the business.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure food safety and personal
safety of people in our plant.
- Monitor production conditions,
specifications, process controls, and tracking controls.
- Develop and monitor a system that
will verify checks on existing production control forms and be audited
on the same forms that meets all program requirements.
- Assure that formulas, grinding
instructions, product specification sheets are verified each shift.
- Develop and train Quality
Auditors to monitor the HACCP paperwork that team leaders have verified
and assigned personnel have monitored HACCP, CCP's and control points.
If problems exist, then take appropriate measures to correct any
- Audit and verify all temperatures
recorded on the production line. Take corrective actions whenever
necessary; assist in determining the root cause and development of a
preventative action plan.
- Audit and verify weights of
portions, raw and cooked, against the weights on the product
specification sheet. Take corrective actions when necessary.
- Develop and monitor finished
product evaluations as determined by customer or in-house requirements.
- Verify sanitation pre-operational
inspections and advise the sanitation management of any deficiencies
that need corrected that night.
- Monitor all Quality procedures
and create or update procedures as necessary.
- Write an agenda and schedule
weekly Quality meetings and monthly Quality Technician meetings. Keep
all Quality associates informed of company developments or changes
affecting product specifications, Quality procedures, or process changes
(as directed by the Quality Manager).
- Work closely with the USDA in
maintaining compliance with federal regulations for labeling,
sanitation, and operating procedures.
- Work closely with Production,
Customer Relations, Sales, Distribution and Warehousing to achieve
company goals for quality, productivity, and yields.
- Perform special assignments as
needed by the Quality Manager.
- Effectively utilize the resources
(personnel and lab) of the Quality Department. Monitor the time clock
report daily and adjust for discrepancies.
- Review budgeted line items that
you control monthly.
- Verify SSOP, GMPs, and HACCP, CCP
as required or directed by the Quality Manager.
- Conduct plant walk through to
verify that Auditors are addressing their responsibilities and are at
their assigned stations.
- Monitor associates' personal
sanitation practices on the production floor then notify your Quality
Auditor and production supervisor if problems exist in their areas.
- Train Quality Auditor as well as
mentor team leaders in quality issues.
- Attend production meetings to
address issues that Auditors cannot get solved on their own or special
- Verify that the paper work is
- Pre shipment review of HACCP
paperwork in a timely manner that does not unnecessarily delay shipping.
- Review production paperwork for
correctness and completeness.
- Audit and fill out paper for
Daily Facility Audit (SSOP).
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Self-motivated and work well
without close supervision.
- Be capable of making sound
judgments and decisions.
- Be able to direct personnel and
discipline fairly and consistently.
- Be able to communicate
effectively to all levels of management.
- Bachelor's degree in Food
Science/Technology is preferred or degreed in a related science area
with a minimum of 2 years' work experience in Quality.
If you are interested in this great
opportunity with a competitive salary, please APPLY now!
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/k8y8j5d3dxbdv3yd