The comprehensive food
safety information website
Safety, Quality, and Regulatory Superintendent - 2nd/3rd Shift-MAS00298
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Responsible for the planning, development and maintenance of all FSQR systems on 2nd & 3rd shift in the facility. Complexity and Risk, including: improving and implementing FSQR policies, continuous improvement of FSQR processes and systems, assisting with shaping the location’s food safety culture and leading salaried direct reports. This role will provide leadership and motivation to a highly engaged team, and is a key member of the location leadership team.
This position shall have the responsibility to report problems with the food safety management system to identified person(s). This position has the responsibility and authority to initiate and record actions.
Acquire and maintain knowledge of applicable ISO (FSSC22000) Standards.
Acquire and maintain knowledge of HACCP/OPRP/PRP (GMP) policies and requirements to complete all monitoring and/or verifications tasks as outlined in Food Safety Management System and ensure that corrections and corrective actions, if needed, are taken per the Food Safety Management System.
Maintain and monitor systems that assure compliance with and have the ability to perform analyses to standards as described in Cargill’s GLP Program (equivalent to those as described ISO 17025).
• 10% Ensure compliance of regulations/policies –, analyze, review, interpret FSQR policies, regulations, implements predefined customer and supplier standards, monitor regulatory activities, ensures plant compliance, act as liaison with regulatory authorities at local level
• 30% Deploy, maintain, monitor, and evaluate systems that assure quality processes, practices and products, including quality control and food safety at the facility. Quality assurance systems interface with many business elements: training, facility maintenance, sanitation, procurement of ingredients/supplies, new product/process development, formulation, product specifications, sampling plans, processing, packaging, storage, inventory control, distribution, environmental and product sampling, QC and inspection, customer use and customer claims
• 15% People/resource/budget management – lead talent management of salaried direct reports and indirect reports, accountable for selection, training, development, performance management and engagement for direct/indirect reports., assist in implementation of short range (tactical) FSQR plans in alignment with BU and local plans, actively participates in development of FSQR initiatives, key member of location leadership team. Maintain and monitor the departmental safety program.
• 15% Perform quality control product clearance task. Maintain and monitor the product clearance system, including maintaining product clearance procedures. Coordinate and oversee all laboratory quality control systems and product/process verification systems, including sampling procedures, analytical tests and procedures, documentation and reports needed to assure that all products are produced according to specified quality and food safety requirements. Define and refine the quality control metrics used to determine that products meet requirements (e.g. attribute sampling, SPC, equipment capabilities, calibration techniques, lab procedures). Monitor and maintain laboratory PM, calibration and proficiency programs. Deploy, maintain, evaluate and improve control systems that assure compliance with regulatory requirements (eg. PQC, FDA, USDA sampling plans). Perform required reporting and notification activities. Any other duties assigned
• 30% Perform prevention activities and issue resolution – act as customer interface, assist with FSQR audits, respond to customer questions/complaints, proactively identify risks, take action to prevent FSQR issues across location. Follow-up and ensure proper documentation of FSQR issues, cause analysis, corrections and corrective actions. Drive improvements and actions to reduce complaints, internal incidents, and rejected product. Assist with Food Safety Team objectives and programs; ensure compliance with Food Safety Policies, and drive improvements.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
· Minimum 3 years experience in Technical Services, i.e., Quality, Food Safety, Auditing, etc.
· Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science, Food Science, Biological Sciences or related field preferred. –
· Must have supervisory experience or experience leading a team
· Must have flexible work hours and the ability to work all shifts, including some weekends
· Must have the ability to travel occasionally
· Typical shift will be split between 2nd and 3rd shift
· Prefer 5+ years experience in Technical Services, i.e., Quality, Food Safety, Auditing, etc.
· Knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel experience strongly desired) and SAP
· Experience in experimental design.
· Experience in team leadership, project management or similar competency
· Intermediate Project Management - Applies intermediate structured, disciplined approach to planning, administering and completing projects
· Intermediate Plant Manufacturing Knowledge - intermediate practical knowledge of manufacturing processes & operations
· Intermediate HACCP Knowledge/Implementation - Applies HACCP to identify & control food safety hazards
· Intermediate Managing & Improving FSQR - Delivers intermediate processing that are aligned, effective & optimize Cargill resources
· Knowledge of FSSC22000, GFSI certification
· Basic Knowledge of Quality Standards & Quality Tools - Applies knowledge of quality standards and tools to enhance food safety and quality
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com