The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Assurance Specialist – Morgan Hill, CA
Reporting to the Director of Quality Assurance, the Quality Specialist (QS) is directly responsible for the general implementation, execution of food safety and quality assurance functions as assigned by the QA Leadership in support of our commitment to our customers and of our Mission Statement. The QS must be able to execute all quality functions and can train other team members in the proper execution of all quality tasks.
The QS must be able to interact across inter-departmental boundaries in a professional, pro-active manner, avoiding conflicts and exemplifying a collaborative spirit. In the absence of the QA Supervisor the duties will be assumed by the QS.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Must be able to write SOPs and Quality Assurance Programs
· Respond to customer complaints: investigate, evaluate and communicate to upper management and trend data
· Must be able to effectively train others on SOPs and QA Programs
· Manage 3rd Party Verification audit management
· Set up and Conduct Internal Food Safety Validation Studies
· Must be able to review all records
· Must be able to interact with all supervisors and leads in a positive and effective manner
· Provide failure analysis and corrective actions.
· Responsible for ensuring the employees follow GMP and safety guidelines.
•Report daily activity results to management.
This position reports to the Quality Assurance Director and is a member of the Quality Assurance team.
· HACCP trained (HACCP certified preferred) also PCQI trained.
· SQF Practitioner, Development and implementation of the SQF program.
· Develop programs/improve programs with interdepartmental cooperation
· Validation experience to support SQF and USDA/FDA requirements
· Proficient in document control, Review HACCP records,
· Problem solving, trend data, write SOPs
· Solid interpersonal, verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
· Loves change and thrilled by exceeding expectations
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Passion for artisan quality food and relationships built on trust
· High standards in food safety, workplace safety, and sanitation
· Training program development and implementation experience
· Strong USDA, FDA, kosher, organic and third party management skills
· Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations
· Strong creative, communication, organizational, collaboration and leadership skills.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org