The comprehensive food
safety information website
Management Trainee - Hunter Farms Dairy - Full-time - High Point, NC
HF HIGH POINT-ADMIN
1900 NORTH MAIN ST
HIGH POINT 27262
Involved with learning all areas of the Hunter Farms operation. Assist the Manager team to manage the production of milk and ice cream. Will be involved with learning all areas of the facility and assisting in the supervision of up to 25 associates in the Dairy. Assist in carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Harris Teeter’s policies and standards.
Responsibilities will include interviewing and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; assist in appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Perform duties of all facility/plant associates as appropriate. This person will be involved in hands on learning of all processes at Hunter Farms with the goal to become an entry level supervisor.
Training will last from 12 -18 months.
Hunter Farms operates 24 hours a day, 5 days a week to bring you the best quality dairy products. Since 1917, the Hunter Farms plant has gone from delivering raw milk produced from a small dairy herd, to procuring milk from 200 dairy farmers across the southeast.
The Hunter Farms name is synonymous with quality, supplying ice cream, milk and other dairy products to food markets like Harris Teeter.
· Coordinate and supervise the day to day dairy functions.
· Ensure that all plant Good Manufacturing Practices are being followed.
· Comply with and enforce all local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
· Regularly inspect mix making, flavoring, finished product and machine sanitation to ensure products meets all requirements.
· Understand and communicate job expectations with associates.
· Sample products to ensure proper organoleptic standards are met.
· Communicate with appropriate manager on problems, progress and concerns.
· Ensure that all assignments are completed and according to policies and procedures.
· Understand, communicate and implement company policies, procedures and concepts.
· Recognize both good and poor performance. Counsel and document accordingly.
· Maintain adequate and accurate records for planning and analysis.
· Follow through with the requests and recommendations of the Plant manager.
· Participate in the budgeting process. Operate assigned departments to achieve financial objectives.
· Practice positive employee relations. Be sensitive to the needs and concerns of associates. Treat them in a fair and consistent manner. Foster trust, respect, and integrity throughout the facility.
Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs;
Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
· Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability.
· Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Conserves organizational resources.
· Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
· Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
· Initiative - Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Supervisory Skills: Commitment to unparalleled customer service; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; willingness and desire to advance stores current position in the community through involvement in local activities; willingness to participate in training and team orientation and to work with the team to increase customer satisfaction and sales; flexible enough to manage multiple tasks; work effectively under pressure and with distractions; demonstrate patience when interacting with associates and customers.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org