The comprehensive food
safety information website
Sanitation Program Coordinator - Ed Miniat LLC
South Holland, IL
The sanitation department is the foundation of the companys food safety programs. This position is expected to manage programs and monitor results required to achieve sanitation objectives and ensure processes exceed customer, industry and other regulatory compliance agency guidelines.
· Create or modify and implement programs for the sanitation team such as cleaning methods, master sanitation schedule, and sanitation training ensuring programs are up to date with industry standards and enhancements
· Actively participate in sanitary design reviews for new and existing processes and infrastructure
· Collaborate with engineering and maintenance in the review of new equipment design to ensure that appropriate cleaning methods are established and potential harbor points are identified and rectified through process or redesign
· Track, report monthly, and analyze sanitation KPIs; ensure appropriate participants involved and investigations are completed as needed
· Track, trend, and report employee and food safety events involving the sanitation team
· Participate in the investigation and corrective action processes for out of standard micro monitoring results
· Initiate and execute programs for verification and validation of cleaning methods and frequencies
· Develop and implement sanitation audit program to ensure ongoing compliance to regulatory and company requirements
· Review customer specific sanitation program requirements to ensure compliance; identify and develop corrective actions as needed
· Serve as back-up to the Sanitation Supervisors in their absence
· Perform other duties as assigned
· BS in Engineering or Science or equivalent work experience
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Outlook and other Microsoft Office tools
· Experience implementing sanitation programs, documentation, and initiatives
· Ability to work off shift (3rd)
· 2-3 years experience in food manufacturing with experience in wet clean up; USDA experience preferred
· Working knowledge of Lean experience preferred
· Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
· Initiating Action: Shows enthusiasm and a willingness to plunge into tasks/projects despite difficulty or uncertainty. Needs little direction or encouragement to undertake projects and quickly draws others into sharing their enthusiasm and excitement.
· Team Orientation: Works effectively within teams by developing effective relationships, modifying personal style to enhance team effectiveness, and by demonstrating care and compassion for teammates. Champions teams success and celebrates the contributions of other team members.
· Quality Focus: Ensures company products and services meet the highest standards of quality. Leads quality initiatives and uses structured processes for assessing and monitoring quality.
· Drives for Results: Focuses efforts, both personal and team, needed to accomplish tasks in the expected timeframe. Constantly pushes to raise their standards of performance and to exceed expectations regardless of challenges and barriers encountered.
· Analytical Thinking: Uses information from qualitative and quantitative analyses to solve problems and make decisions. Is able to see interconnections between organizational systems.
· Organization; Attention to Detail: Maintains high levels of personal organization and attention to detail; is thorough and complete with assignments.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com