The comprehensive food
safety information website
Sanitation Lead - South Chicago Packing – Chicago, IL
Position Description:The Lead Sanitation position
The Lead Sanitation position is responsible for a variety of duties including but not limited to overseeing and providing support to sanitation associates, performing Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO) on equipment, maintaining and dispensing cleaning chemicals, and completing inspections of lines and areas to ensure adherence to USDA and South Chicago Packing LLC standards while following all safety regulations and ensuring all GMP and Quality standards are met.
· Coordinates with maintenance personnel and other sanitation team member with the dismantling of production line and equipment as necessary for cleaning.
· Removes and replaces equipment as needed to accommodate production set-up requirements.
· Troubleshoots problems/issues, develops, recommends, and initiates action steps that provide resolution to achieve positive results.
· Serves as a role model for workers in terms of work ethic, professional image, and conduct in full compliance with all work rules and policies.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Lock and Tag Out of equipment.
· Maintain and dispense cleaning chemicals to sanitation crew.
· Complete inspections ensuring lines and areas meet USDA and plant standards.
· Disassemble/assemble equipment as necessary.
· Assist with cleaning and sanitizing equipment & plant.
· Assist in training of new Sanitation associates.
· High School diploma or GED.
· 1-3 years sanitation experience in an meat, poultry or USDA regulated facility.
· Ability to read, write, communicate, and comprehend written instructions in English.
· Effective communication and training skills.
· Familiarity with food processing equipment.
· Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
· Basic computer skills.
· Understanding of OSHA and general safety guidelines.
· Ability to work the scheduled / assigned times and required overtime for the position.
· Regular attendance to ensure production requirements are met.
· Ability to work individually as well as with others as a team.Copy and Paste your job opening description
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org