The comprehensive food
safety information website
Technologist - (002552) - Turlock, CA
Intern R&D Food Technologist is an innovative, qualified, knowledgeable food scientist responsible for new development, renovation, applications work and providing technical expertise on multiple projects in a fast paced environment. This position is focused on developing food ingredients and their applications and reports to the Director of R&D.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Keep update on developments in related science, technology and Industry trends
· Effectively contribute to the ideation by leading or participating in brainstorming, as appropriate
· Plan and conduct development / renovation work on assigned projects – including exploration, experiment design and execution, documentation, related analytical work, shelf life and sensory studies, develop nutritionals etc.
· Be creative, plan and execute related applications work
· Solve problems and provide technical expertise to different functions of the business and support to customers as required
· Work closely with culinary expert and other members of R&D
· Work closely with cross functional teams and different departments
· Provide and present prototype product samples and applications samples to cross functional and leadership teams as needed
· Participate in scale up work at pilot plant and factory scales
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Thorough understanding of nutrition, food chemistry, shelf life and sensory studies
General understanding of different food, beverage and ingredient products and processes
General understanding of other functions - Operations, QA, Sales, Marketing and Finance
Customer focus and understanding of product costs and financial and business implications
Computer literacy – MS Word, Excel, Power Point, R&D and labeling Software e.g. Genesis
Lift up to 30 pounds, Color vision for product development and evaluation purpose
Working in the laboratory, pilot plant and factory environment and prolonged standing are part of the day to day duty.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Completed or pursuing BS / MS degree in Food Science or related field
Two years or more industrial R&D experience preferably in ingredients development and their applications
ABOUT SENSIENT NATURAL INGREDIENTS:
The Sensient Natural Ingredients group is part of Sensient Flavors & Fragrances Group and is one of the largest producers and distributors of dehydrated onion and garlic products as well as chili powder, paprika, chili pepper and dehydrated vegetables such as parsley, celery and spinach. These ingredients are used in many of today's popular convenience foods. The Natural Ingredients unit is located in Turlock, California.
ABOUT SENSIENT TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION:
Sensient Technologies Corporation is a leading global manufacturer and marketer of colors, flavors, and fragrances. Sensient employs advanced technologies at facilities around the world to develop specialty food and beverage systems, cosmetic and pharmaceutical systems, inkjet and specialty inks and colors, and other specialty and fine chemicals. The Company's customers include major international manufacturers representing most of the world's best-known brands. Sensient is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
As a dynamic and diversified global leader, we offer an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package. For more information, visit our website at http://www.sensient.com/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
: North America-United States-California-Turlock
151 South Walnut Road
: Research and Development
: Natural Ingredients N. America
: Day/Shift 1
: May 5, 2017, 11:18:41 AM
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org