The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Quality Control Specialist – Fairway Market – New York, NY
Department/Group: Production & Distribution Center
Report To: Senior Manager of Food Safety Compliance
Role and Responsibilities:
The Quality Control Specialist will be responsible for administering, managing, and maintaining applicable quality control programs & policies at Fairway’s Production and Distribution Center (PDC). He/she shall be responsible for the day-to-day implementation and continuous improvement of food safety focused programs, including but not limited to, Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), Safe Quality Food (SQF) Food Safety and Quality systems, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), and Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) compliance. This position will be the dedicated HACCP Coordinator. Position reports directly to the Senior Manager of Food Safety Compliance for the PDC.
Additional Responsibilities and Knowledge:
· Directly responsible for implementation and maintenance of the food safety plan to ensure that all prerequisite programs, preventive controls, and critical control points perform within expected standards.
· Oversee and ensure day-to-day compliance to HACCP plans.
· Manages, maintains and ensures all SQF policies, procedures, training manuals, logs, documentations and other records are up to date.
· Work with kitchen and bakery staff and management on any QC discrepancies to assure proper compliance is maintained.
· Perform inspections and analysis on products, record the results and report any discrepancies.
· Provide feedback and corrective action recommendations to associates regarding quality/food safety practices with courtesy and professionalism.
· Complete HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points), SQF (Safe Quality Food) and FDA paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
· Daily QC activities include pre-operational checks, operational checks, and post-operational checks, temperature checks, thermometer calibration, sanitizer, sanitizer checks, etc.
· Respond to questions presented regarding product quality, food safety, and product specification or other quality related items.
· Maintain a safe work environment. Strict adherence to all company policies, procedures and safety rules.
· Assist in a timely fashion with customer complaint investigations.
· Oversee all third party audits and inspections. Seek to establish constructive working relationships with inspectors and auditors. •Responsible for reviewing results of internal facility inspections. Implement corrective and preventive actions for on time completion.
· Responsible for monthly, quarterly and yearly reports, as necessary.
· Ability to write SOPs and work instructions.
· Effectively work with production team and other members of quality team to develop and maintain a robust and effective food safety and quality system.
· Ability to document findings in recorded form by means of data input on a computer and/or writing long hand in a notebook or preprinted form.
· Ability to work both individually and as a member of a team.
· Other tasks as assigned by Senior Manager of Food Safety Compliance for the PDC.
· Work collaboratively with fellow employees and managers and recognize teamwork and diversity within the department to resolve conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner.
· Maintain a strong time and attendance record to ensure efficient operation of the department.
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment by practicing high standards of food and human safety and sanitation techniques provided by Fairway work rules and policies and Health Department Regulations.
· Survey department supply needs frequently to ensure efficiency of workflow and employee job tasks.
· Adhere to all department-related and company-related work rules and policies while upholding Fairway’s core values of integrity, respect and excellence.
· Perform miscellaneous roles assigned by management that would help the team on an as-needed basis
· Recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning and supply feedback to management to help improve operations. Attend all required trainings.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Previous food safety and/or quality control experience. HACCP and SQF a plus.
· Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Proficient Microsoft Office skills.
· Good organization, prioritization, multi-tasking and attention to detail skills.
· Must have basic mathematical and literacy skills to read and document temperatures, weights, etc. of products and have a general understanding of weight relationships.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
· Exposure to various food allergens.
· Frequent motions such as standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, bending, lifting, and reaching
· Lifting up to 50lbs. and pushing and pulling carts up to 100lbs.
· Standing and walking for 4-6 hours at a time
· Must be at least 18 years of age to work in the department
· Must be able to work in a team environment.
· Flexible availability; be able to work evenings and weekend shifts
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com