The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality and Food Safety Assistant
Operations/Quality – Encino, California
Employment TypeFull time
Quality and Food Safety Assistant
We are looking for a highly motivated and driven Quality and Food Safety Assistant to start as soon as possible. The role will consist in monitoring the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) program, quality assurance (QA) program and food safety program of our third party manufacturing facilities.
As Quality and Food Safety Assistant, you will assist in ensuring conformance to specifications of all products and managing data supplied by third party facilities.
Reporting directly to the Director of Quality Assurance, you will be responsible for providing assistance to various departments within NSI Products to ensure that our safety and quality programs are followed and in compliance with related regulations. The position is based at our main office in Encino, CA. You will be led by a strong sense of integrity, honesty and team spirit.
Key Missions will include:
· Assisting in the Quality Department management of laboratory testing for samples received from manufacturing facilities & suppliers.
· Working closely with R&D, Marketing and New Product Development department in developing new products and the quality assurance programs necessary.
· Assisting the Production Department in gathering, entering, and analyzing data from third party facilities.
· Working closely with Production Managers to monitor quality, food safety, and managing traceability data from raw materials to finished goods.
· Participating in investigations for product quality issues and ensuring root cause and corrective actions are fully implemented.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Minimum 1-2 years of experience in Quality Assurance related to food manufacturing environments with emphasis on natural and organic products.
· Full understanding of USDA regulations, FDA regulations, and food safety standards.
· Certifications in SQF, HACCP and GMP is a plus.
· Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with a sincere team spirit.
· Interest in health, wellness and natural/organic foods.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong relationship building, communication, time management and problem solving skills.
· A Bachelor's degree in Food Science or in a related field as Microbiology, Chemistry, Nutrition.
· Good working knowledge of web-based applications, database and Microsoft Office programs.
Our fast growing international company is a natural food importer and manufacturer based in Encino, CA. We are passionate in organic food, and we are a key player in our industry. Our purpose is to make natural and organic food available to all. As we are a very successful startup in a booming market, our multicultural team works in an incredibly pleasant, exciting and fulfilling environment.
We offer a very competitive package based on the applicant’s experience and benefits including paid time off and Holidays. Since we are a fast growing start up, tremendous opportunities are coming up and will allow our candidate to rapidly grow within our company.
NSI Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com