The comprehensive food
safety information website
Supplier Food Safety Manager – Buffalo Wild Wings - Minneapolis, MN
REPORTS TO (Title): Director of Food Safety
DEPARTMENT: Risk Management
STATUS CLASSIFICATION: Exempt [Determined
by Compensation based on the Fair Labor Standard Act (FLSA)]
JOB CODE: [Assigned by Talent Management]
SUPERVISES: No formal supervisory responsibilities
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop, implement and continually improve product-specific risk-based food safety requirements for BWLD North American food and beverage suppliers.
· Develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive food supplier and distributor facility review, approval tracking and monitoring program.
· Manage the review and approval of BWLD North American food and beverage suppliers and distributors food safety programs, third party audits, and documentation on an annual basis.
· Provide food safety education and guidance to internal and franchisee stakeholders to assist in making educated decisions when working with new and existing suppliers.
· Work closely with the Food & Beverage and Supply Chain departments during new product development and second sourcing initiatives.
· Develop, implement and maintain a food and beverage recall process.
· Lead food and beverage recalls for BWLD brands.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Travel to conduct onsite visits of high risk food and beverage suppliers and distributors.
· Maintain current and accurate records of all relevant communications, audits, inspections, corrective action plans and effectiveness monitoring for all approved and potential suppliers.
· Work closely with claims team on guest incidents related to suppliers; act as SME on product incidents.
· Develop controls for identified hazards based on science and risk-based principles for identified products.
· Perform risk analysis on new food items to determine inherent product risk.
· Responsible for monitoring of regulatory trends that may impact suppliers; communicate with suppliers as needed to track compliance.
· Participate in restaurant emergency contact hotline response night and weekend rotation.
· Perform other related duties, tasks, and projects as assigned.
· Ability to travel.
· Strong understanding of food safety regulations, best practices, HACCP and pre-requisite programs for food manufacturing
· Strong understanding of risk principles and how they impact business
· Ability to convey a Guest focused, brand protection mindset
· Skill in time management and organization with excellent attention to detail
· Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to make clear, concise and convincing food safety recommendations
· A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor
· Listens to understand others’ viewpoints. Anticipates needs of others and offers solutions
· Able to clearly present issues – both orally and written
· Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft software, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and OneNote
Freedom to Act:
· Basic ability to work through problems without supervisor input
· The ability to make sound food safety decisions using risk management principals with little or no direction
Size and Complexity:
· Ability to work in fast-paced environment
· The ability to bring internal partners together to collectively drive food safety change
· Ability to elicit internal and external support; ability to work under pressure and short time lines, prioritizing multiple projects with various deadlines simultaneously
· Ability to work with all levels within an organization and ability to work with diverse work groups
· Ability to contribute to teams and/or committees
· Ability to work with regulatory community
· Ability to interact with vendors to solve issues related to food safety and provide clear and timely feedback as needed
· Minimum BS in Environmental Health, Meat Science Food Science, Microbiology, Biology or related field
· Minimum of eight years of food safety industry experience
· In-depth understanding of produce and meat food safety
· A strong understanding of food manufacturing for multiple product categories with in-depth understanding of food safety, HACCP, and GMP programs
· Strong understanding of Federal food safety regulations
· In-depth understanding of Global Food Safety Initiative Audit Schemes
· Experience conducting risk assessments and analysis on products and vendors
· 4+ years of work experience in corporate food safety, food manufacturing food safety and Quality Assurance
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Buffalo Wild Wings reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Buffalo Wild Wings or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com