The comprehensive food
safety information website
R&D Food Technologist - Ontario, CA
BENEFITS PACKAGE • Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible expending account, Long Term Disability & Life Insurance. • Employee Assistance Program (EAP) • Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holiday Pay • Paid Bereavement Leave • 401(k) Retirement Plan • Educational reimbursement • Supportive Work Environment • Ongoing training and opportunities for career advancement and development
POSITION Food Technologist
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Food Technologist is responsible for new product development, line extension and providing technical service using both a scientific and culinary approach.
· Develop new and line extension products, and processes in response to Sales and/or customer requests.
· Produce bench top and pilot plant samples and scale up formulation and processes in production.
· Commission the commercialization of the products and assist QA in writing up the specifications and operating procedures.
· Maintain concise documentation of tests carried out in the lab and record results of the tests.
· Design sensory evaluation protocol, schedule and coordinate sensory evaluation of new products and competitors' products.
· Cost out new products and carry out cost reduction projects or improve product quality without increasing cost.
· Conduct ingredient research, contact suppliers and consult with their technical team for assistance in the use of new ingredients.
· Carry out shelf life evaluations of new products and potential shelf life extension of existing products.
· Confer with vendors, packaging and marketing specialists to understand available technology and provide ideas, solutions, and alternatives to meet food safety, quality, costs, and customer requirements.
· Identify, evaluate and inspect products from co-packers and from competitors.
· Carry out analysis of products using lab equipment.
· Maintain databases of ingredient and formula changes.
· Provide assistance with labeling and nutritional analysis
· Carry out the routine quality evaluations of products from production to make sure that our product quality is consistent. Worked closely with the Chef on this responsibility.
· Assist VP of Sales, VP of Technical Service and Corporate Chef with various projects.
Must be able to work in three different climate controlled areas. Kitchens, Labs, cooler and freezer. Must be able to lift occasionally up to 35lbs while bending and turning.
This job description does not list all the job duties of this position. Duties listed are subject to change based on business and/or management needs. Management reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This is an exempt position.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com