To support the development of new products and
adaptation of existing ones in line with best industry lab practices.
Successful results require strong communication skills and the ability to
work closely with team members as well as other disciplines within the
Conduct Standardized Performance / Baking / Analytical
- Fully understand and execute
typical bakery food performance and analytical evaluations.
- Perform tests in lab, on pilot
installations and assist in plant trials and initial runs.
- Manage standardized performance
tests, understand and verify variations.
- Maintain complete, accurate
records associated with all activities.
Make samples for demonstrations or internal and / or
- Ensure analytical correctness.
- Respect Quality Assurance
criteria of samples (traceability, GMP, …).
Support specific projects in close collaboration with
- Travel, when necessary, ability
to work at customers location (with technical
support). Possible overnights.
- Support R&D tasks during
the product development / adaptation process.
- Conduct analytical and
application tests on bakery type products. Including,
- Bakery Mixes
- Patisserie Mixes
- Fruit Fillings
- Crème Fillings
- Icings and Glazes
- Evaluate new and alternate Raw
Materials and compare to standards.
- Maintain supporting
- Demonstrate self-motivation and
- Keep work areas clean, orderly
- Maintain fresh stock of
frequently used ingredients
- Request laboratory supplies as
- Ensure that all equipment and
tools are functioning properly.
- Ensure efficient and respectful
use of the R&D equipment and Plant areas.
- Report all food safety and
quality issues to immediate Supervisor and take immediate action as
defined in the site protocol.
- Comply with food safety
procedures upon new raw material selection, product development or
modification and sample preparation.
- Adhere to plant food safety
protocols and training requirements.
- Responsible for any other
assignments or duties within the scope of the industry as directed by
Position Required Knowledge, Experience, Skills
- Education: Minimum 2 year degree in Food Science or related field.
- Experience in bakery food
product development or related industry is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written
communication skills, English language
- Basic Math, understanding and
- ICT: Standard windows,
Microsoft Office with proficiency in Excel
- Ability to compare and
distinguish differences in ingredients, materials and overall
performance through taste, smell, touch and visual inspection.
(including known allergens, wheat, milk, egg and soy)
- Dexterity to allow the safe and
efficient operation of various pieces of equipment including, scales,
balances, ovens, fryers, mixers, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 50.0 lbs.
- Ability to stand for 6 or more
hours during the work day.
- Ability to work with known
allergens, Wheat, Milk, Egg and Soy.
Job Type: Full-time