The comprehensive food
safety information website
Director, National Food Safety & Quality Assurance - Providence, RI
Responsible for developing, implementing and managing the organization’s National Food Safety and Quality Assurance programs and strategy in accordance with established Company policies. Ensures food safety and quality standards are maintained according to related regulatory agencies. Responsible for leading the team to achieve maximum results in control of quality, recalls, repossessions, and protection of company assets and employees. May conduct investigations if necessary. Develops, directs, trains, and appraises assigned personnel.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
· Ensure high quality and safe products’ and that food safety standards are established, maintained and in compliance with corporate and regulatory policies and procedures across the Company (including all subsidiaries).
· Develop, implement and evaluate inspection programs to ensure compliance with all relevant government and Company standards and requirements and to identify exposures and recommend corrective actions to reduce or eliminate risks and hazards.
· Develop and implement programs to aid in the policies and procedures required to exceed internal quality and food safety requirements, as well as, regulatory requirements and customer expectations.
· Ensure that policies and procedures are interpreted and enforced consistently across the company to expand product distribution and process quality and consistency.
· Provide leadership to resolve issues involving products, processes and personnel; examine and review compiled data generated to isolate and track trends that may require corrections to policies and practices.
· Communicate technical expertise to field and corporate management to resolve process and product quality issues and concerns. Utilize knowledge and expertise to reduce product costs through improvements in distribution and production processes.
· Supervise QA/Food Safety Managers across the Company to ensure high level of productivity and efficiency.
· Preform duties and ensure policies and practices are in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF), as appropriate for location
· Bachelor degree in the industry or in public health, food science, a biological science, or a closely related discipline.
· Thorough knowledge of legal procedures pertaining to food safety, environmental policy, sanitation, communicable disease and industrial higiene.
· Advanced knowledge and technical expertise in internal and external food safety controls and quality assurance management.
· Knowledge of Quality Systems to include Statistical Process Controls, technical knowledge of proteins and a comprehensive understanding of product formulations and manufacturing capabilities.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications: Excel and Word.
· Prior personnel management and leadership experience.
· Occasional travel required
· Ten (10) or more years experience in a food manufacturing management, preferably within a retail or supermarket environment, with demonstrated success at the Director of Quality Assurance level.
· System implementation experience is preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong quantitative skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to think critically
· Self-directed with the ability to work independently as well as with groups
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize work
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org