Assurance Assistant Manager
SUGIYO U.S.A., INC. - Anacortes, WA 98221
$47,500 a year
- Assist the QA Manager in
overseeing the Company’s compliance with food, safety, and quality
standards; and in implementing, updating and maintaining the food
safety and quality programs of the Company.
- Assist monitoring government
websites for new regulations/changes/updates by FDA, USDC/NMFS, WSDA,
CFIA and other export/import agencies.
- Assist in initiating process
improvements that promote efficiency in operation, food safety and
- Perform Quality
Assurance/Process line monitoring, corrective actions and continuous
- Perform verification of the
different inspection points.
- Perform product sampling,
micro and qualitative testing to include review of results and
- Perform post and
pre-operational sanitation inspection.
- Perform monitoring swabs
after sanitation inspection.
- Train and control proper use
of chemicals in cleaning and sanitizing.
- Assist in label check and
- Assist in the Company’s
annual training programs.
- Other responsibilities
include: review of documents, program re1quirements and records
generated from monitors; pest control monitor; back-up person in the
absence of the QA Manager, assist in production, as needed.
- Must have good attendance
- Must have experience in food
- Must be able to stand, walk,
stoop, kneel, bend, climb stairs, and lift up to 55 lbs.
- Must have legible and neat
handwriting and be able to keep accurate records
- Must have a Washington State
Driver License or the ability to get one
- Must have knowledge of
laboratory equipment, GMP, HACCP, SQF or other GFSI schemes
- Background in Food Science,
Microbiology, Chemistry or related field
- Must be able to work any
schedule any day of the week
- Salary Position ($47,500)
- Employer Paid Medical/Dental
- Employer Paid AD&D Life
- Paid Vacation, Paid Sick
Leave, Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Please complete our
application which can be found under the ‘Careers’ tab at
www.sugiyo.com and submit it to our office via fax, email, mail, or
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Assurance: 1 year
Required license or certification: