Food Technologist – R&D - Guadalupe, CA
This position is an entry level
position that supports and aides the Innovation and R&D team in the
development of new products for Apio Inc.,
improvement of existing product lines and qualification of new ingredients
and packaging materials. The position reports into R&D and interacts with
Marketing, Quality, Operations/Production, Purchasing and Technical Services
departments. This is a great opportunity for Food Science majors to
work with cross functional teams, in a large organization to develop great
new ideas and fabulous new products for our consumers.
- Work closely with the Technical
Service and New Product Development team to determine goals and
- Assist Product Development
Manager(s) to develop new and renovate existing products.
- Assist in developing ingredient,
process and packaging specifications to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Assist in conducting factory
trials to validate and qualify new ingredients, processes, and packaging
- Assist with preparing new sales
samples for review by our customers.
- Assist the Product Development
Manager in design and sample preparation for consumer research.
- Participate in new innovation
brainstorming and creative sessions to help build the 3
year innovation pipeline.
- Organize and maintain the Product
Development lab and work area, including control of current ingredient
inventories, identification and control of new product development
ingredients and responsibility for any outgoing and incoming samples.
- Bachelor degree in Food Science /
Agricultural Sciences / Plant Biology / Post Harvest Technology or
- Ability to work independently,
handle a fast paced work environment
- Basic knowledge of food science,
chemistry, plant biology, food processing, packaging materials,
- Ability to design experiments and
- Ability to problem-solve and deal
with a variety of variables in situations where only limited
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient with all applications
of Microsoft Office.
- Self-motivated with passion for
food science, product development and innovation
- Ability to stand for long periods
of time, ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Dental Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Vision Insurance