Overhill Farms, is a leading custom
manufacturer of high quality prepared frozen foods in the branded retail,
private label and food services section. Our custom lines include poultry,
meat and fish specialties, pastas, soups, certified organic vegetarian offerings.
Our commitment to quality is demonstrated in our becoming the first frozen
food manufacturer in the United States to qualify for the Food Safety
System Certification, a globally recognized standard.
We are looking for a Temporary Product Development Food
Technologist to cover a LOA. While in the position we are looking for a
Technologist to apply knowledge of food science principles to design and
formulate new product concepts, prototypes and processes in response to
customer or internal objectives. Additionally, the Technologist will
participate in cross-functional product development activities and provide
technical support to chefs and across the business.
- At the bench top, develop new
and improve existing products in a timely manner and maintain concise
documentation of formulas and work papers.
- Assure that product prototypes
meet company cost capacity, quality, marketing and product development
- Develop products that comply
with customers’ nutritional requirements.
- Work with operations on trials
and initial production runs, developing specific processing methods
and as needed maintain product quality levels.
- Work closely with customers and
suppliers in the development of new products and identify, develop and
implement new ideas, ingredients and processes.
- Develop project timelines that
are acceptable to the business and accomplish on-time delivery.
- Work with purchasing and
quality to test new ingredients and process concepts.
- Support the chefs with
ingredient functional knowledge to assist in their development of new
- Participate in weekly product
development meetings to discuss status and establish priorities of new
and current projects.
- Participate in individual sales
and culinary meetings to discuss status, timelines and other concerns
regarding specific projects.
- Provide technical support to
sales and their customers, and operations
- Organize and maintain accurate
documentation of all recipes.
- Generate preliminary product
technical data sheets and enter preliminary information into customer
- Bachelor's degree in Food
Science or related field.
- 3+ years' experience in the
food industry in both new product development and commercialization
- Excellent verbal and written
- Ability to achieve results and
execute multiple simultaneous projects, meeting deadlines and
- Ability to work effectively in
a team based environment with multiple functional groups.
- Ability to organize and manage
- Ability to provide work
direction to assigned resources.
- Ability to work independently
without immediate supervision.
- Ability to adapt to frequent
changes, delays or unexpected events.
Job Type: Temporary
- Product Development: 3 years
- food industry: 3 years
- commercialization: 2 years