The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality & Regulatory Technician - SōRSE Technology – Seattle, WA
Title: Quality & Regulatory Technician
Company: SōRSE Technology
About Us: SōRSE Technology – www.Sōrsetech.com – is a science and intellectual property company specializing in emulsion technology. Our clients are both operating in and entering the hemp CBD and/or cannabis space and use our proprietary SōRSE emulsion to provide better and safer hemp CBD and/or cannabis edible and beverage experiences. SōRSE emulsions are currently found in the #1 cannabis beverage in Washington.
Position Summary: The Quality & Regulatory technician will support the Food Safety, Quality & Regulatory department by supporting scientific and regulatory research as well as documentation administration needs for the food safety and quality system. The position will maintain food safety, quality and regulatory documents related to internal testing, supplier and external manufacturer approval, 3rd party certifications and internal
documentation needs. This position will support the execution and continuous improvement of food safety programs including but not limited to Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), Safe Quality Food (SQF) standards, Preventive Controls (PCs), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains a safe work environment. Adheres to company policies, procedures and safety rules.
• Provides support for food safety, product quality and regulatory programs by assisting in the maintenance of department documentation. Directly responsible for maintenance of document management system and ensuring all policies, procedures, training manuals, logs or other recordsare current.
• Provide support to the Food Safety, Quality & Regulatory department, including lab testing, calibration activities, participating in projects, internal and external audits, and other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for daily QC activities such as pre-operational checks, operational checks, temperature checks, thermometer calibration, sanitizer checks, scale and pH meter calibration verification.
• Provide feedback and corrective action recommendations to associates regarding food safety, quality and regulatory practices with courtesy and professionalism.
• Complete paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
• Prepare reports on departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
• Coordinate and communicate Customer Complaint trends. Assist in timely complaint investigations.
• Update technical documents and facilitate key stakeholder review (Safety Data Sheets, Product Data Sheets, specifications, SOPs) according to established document and record management policies.
• Support internal auditing needs by participating in documentation reviews.
• Maintain registers of finished products, raw materials, packaging materials, processing aids and labels for all facilities.
• Maintain manual and electronic documentation for 3rd party certifications
• Maintain documentation for all approved suppliers and external manufacturers, including but not limited to product specifications, letters of guarantee, audit certificates, allergen statements, etc.
• Coordinate monthly Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory topics for team member training. Communicate training needs to the appropriate personnel.
• Act as Sharepoint administrator for the department to ensure control of documents.
• Assist with mentoring and training newly hired personnel as business needs grow.
• Assist as needed with facilities, space planning and lab safety needs.
• Bachelor of Science (BS) in Food Science, Environmental Health or related field
• 1-year experience as a regulatory or quality assurance professional in the food industry
• Knowledge of FDA regulations, GFSI audit schemes and document control
• Ability to deal with a variety of compliance situations and implement continuous improvement
• Excellent communication, both written and verbal
• Ability to solve problems
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
• Strong data analytical skills required
• Experience with using and maintaining manual and electronic systems
Position: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Seattle, WA
Organization: Food Safety, Quality & Regulatory
Travel: Minimal to none
Salary Range: Depends on experience
Equal Opportunity: SōRSE Technology does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
SōRSE Technology is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com