The comprehensive food
safety information website
Director R&D Bagel & Bakery Innovation – Lakewood, CO
Caribou Coffee and Einstein Noah Restaurant Group
Director R&D Bagel & Bakery Innovation
R and D
First / Day Second / Afternoon
June 16, 2017
555 Zang Street
- Ste 300, Einstein-R and D Support Ctr
This position is responsible for developing and innovating new products in addition to optimizing existing bagel and bakery items. This role provides industry leading product innovation for all channels, both retail and wholesale. The R&D Director Bagel & Bakery Innovation is key support for marketing strategy, calendar and product pipeline. This role partners with supply chain on cost saving initiatives. This role is a product expert, both in bench top development and manufacturing commercialization.
Responsibilities Include, but are no limited to:
· Ensure that both breakfast and lunch day parts have cravable products.
· Manage relationships with manufacturers and suppliers to commercialize and optimize products.
· Execute and manage sensory process as needed for product development and optimization.
· Create bagel and bakery products for marketing calendar initiatives.
· Innovate “Transformational” bagel platforms that drive traffic and sales in our brands.
· Recipe creation and ownership for products at all brands.
· Existing product specifications approval and ownership.
· Act as a formula gatekeeper for new and existing products.
· Develop cost of goods for all bagel and bakery products.
· Execute and manage taste panels as needed.
· Project development and budget decisions.
· Manage budget for travel and G&A.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Passion for the fast casual segment
· Innovative approach to problem solving
· Current knowledge of food trends and competitive landscapes regarding to bread and bakery
· Comfortable communicating with internal partners at all levels
· Knowledge of ingredient functionality
· Knowledge of ingredients and suppliers to commercialize “clean label” wholesome products
Education / Training / Experience:
· Culinary degree, BS in food-science, or proven track record in similar field
· 6+ years in food service - large bakery commissary, wholesale bakery, bakery plant
· Position is based in Denver but will require travel. Up to two trips per month.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Caribou Coffee Company and Einstein Noah Restaurant Group reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Caribou or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Caribou Coffee Company and Einstein Noah Restaurant Group are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and individuals with Disabilities and do not discriminate based on gender identity or sexual orientation.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com