Shift - AdvancePierre Foods - Caseyville, IL
Title: Sanitation Manager-3rd
Job Location: Caseyville, IL, 62232
AdvancePierre Foods, a leader in the food
industry, is a rapidly growing company that values a talented, diverse and
dedicated workforce. We have an opening for SANITATION MANAGER -
3rd Shift. Our rapid growth allows us to provide a wide array of
developmental opportunities, and we reward associates who are
results-oriented, live up to their commitments, and who can align their work
activities with the goals of the organization.
(Medical, Dental, 401K Match) COMPETITIVE SALARY!
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for the
sanitation of all manufacturing areas. Responsible for the effective utilization
of employees, training, skill development, quality of work, safety policy
administration, employee relations, cost control, problem solving, and
goals/objectives. Responsible for the direction and management of all
sanitation personnel, and has a responsibility for the production of safe,
quality food products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manages all plant sanitation
operation personnel in proper procedures, standards, policies, handling
of equipment, and proper sanitation procedures.
- Observes employee performance and
follows up on changes needed.
- Reviews and approves all
performance reviews and pay increases prior to employees being informed
to assure policy compliance.
- Receives and reviews all
- Signs all levels of discipline
and works with Human Resources to administer needed discipline.
- Prepares and/or receives and
reviews all accident reports and corrects problems.
- Inspects areas for safety hazards
and observes employees for safe work habits.
- Responsible for daily compliance
to all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) regulations. Follow-up in
areas of concern.
- Develops quarterly goals and
- Communicates with Quality and
responds to any non-compliance reports that maybe generated from observed
deficiencies during inspections.
- Prepares and manages all
documentation needed for any outside Food Safety Audits.
- Attends meetings and keeps
informed of changes in policy, procedures, goals or problems.
- Responsible for sanitation goals
and quality of work.
- Explores ways to reduce manpower
and other costs needed to sanitize plant without jeopardizing quality.
In addition, researches and proposes equipment and employee utilization
for cost effectiveness and presents proposals to Plant Manager.
- Coordinates with other
departments for downtime solutions.
- Prepares sanitation reports used
in the operation of the department.
- Communicates and follows up to
meet safety goals.
- Communicates and enforces company
policies, dress code, work rules and performance standards. Reviews
personnel actions with Human Resources to insure they are consistent
with the policy.
- Responsibility to report all
deficiencies or practices that could compromise food safety.
- Adheres to all GMP's at all
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
- Must be able to work in extreme
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have a basic understanding
- Must be able to interact with
other Department Managers/Team Members.
- Must possess team building
- Must be able to work third shift.
- Must be able to maintain employee
- Must have an outstanding
- Must be able to treat all
employees fairly and consistently.
- Must possess excellent problem solving
and communication skills.
- Must be able to work well with
- Must have good written and verbal
- Must have a good overall
knowledge of TQC, GMPs, and FDA and USDA guidelines.
- Must have a good understanding of
all company policies and be able to consistently administer those
- FDA experience.
- Experience leading team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma required.
- College Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years
If you are interested in
this great opportunity with a competitive salary, please APPLY now!