This position is responsible for the research,
development and commercialization of new poultry products, as well as the
improvement to existing poultry products and/or manufacturing processes.
George's, Inc. is a fully integrated poultry operation
headquartered in Springdale, Arkansas. It is a fourth generation family
owned operation that began in the late 1920's. Guided by the aggressiveness
of youth and the foresight that comes with experience, George's has grown
from a small business serving local and regional markets into a
multi-division corporation serving national and international markets with
innovative, high quality poultry products.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the end to end process
of poultry product development.
- Development of new product
- Modification of existing
- Optimization of products and
- New Product cost analysis
- Optimization analysis across
all areas related to R&D
- Implementation of optimization
- Development of New Product
- Collaborate with teams
responsible for USDA Regulatory Requirements
- Collaborate with teams
responsible for Food Safety Requirements
- Work independently to research
and identify areas of opportunity for the betterment of George’s Inc.
and our customers.
- Deliver expertise and best in
class knowledge of ingredients, formulations and food processing
- Demonstrate strong bench top
development skills that realistically translate to plant floor
- Coordinate and calibrate with
all cross-functional departments essential to the start-up of R&D
driven production runs i.e., sales, purchasing, FSQA, plant facilities
- Develop, grow and maintain
strong working relationships with plant facilities management.
- Analyze and identify
opportunities or issues related to R&D and effectively communicate
those findings to Senior Leadership.
- Translate new and traditional
culinary techniques and identify opportunities to apply those through
the use of large scale manufacturing processes, ingredients and food
- Critical, in depth knowledge of
poultry science and poultry processing for food service, deli and
- In depth knowledge of FSQA
procedures, processes and requirements
- Practiced and focused on food
sensory technologies related to poultry and other meat products
- Hands on culinary experience
- In-depth knowledge and hands on
experience with poultry plant floor equipment, processes and
- Knowledge of agricultural
technologies related to product specifications lifecycle management,
nutritional analysis, labeling, and plant floor operations
- Ability to set priorities and
meet deadlines while accomplishing team objectives
- Skill in time management and
organization with excellent attention to detail
- Quick learner and able to make
decisions/recommendations in a fast paced environment.
Freedom to Act :
- Ability to handle a significant
workload and effectively prioritize projects with a high degree of
- Ability to identify systems and
processes necessary to perform job more effectively and efficiently
Size and Complexity:
- Able to successfully manage
multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment
- Possess initiative and passion
to drive successful and flawless implementation of new PLM system
- Ability to handle confidential
information with the utmost level of professionalism
- Ability to establish effective
working relationships within department & cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate both
written and verbally across all levels of the organization
- Perform all duties and
responsibilities in a highly ethical manner and in accordance with
Company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
in Poultry Science preferred. Other degrees such as Meat Science and
Food Science as they relate to the manufacturing of food for retail
and food service consumption, will be considered.
- 5+ years of experience in the
poultry manufacturing industry, with knowledge of HACCP, SSOP,
labeling laws, etc.…
- Experience in upholding a
consistent standard for in-depth attention to detail in technical
The duties of this position may change from time to
time. George’s Inc. reserves the right to add or delete duties and
responsibilities at the discretion of George’s, Inc. or its managers. This
job description is intended to describe the general level of work being
performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
George’s Inc is an equal opportunity employer,
dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.
Job Type: Full-time