The comprehensive food
safety information website
Cheese Technical Manager - Tillamook,
Cheese Technical Manager
Location Tillamook, OR
Req # 1220
# of Openings 1
Cheese Technical Manager
Come join the Tillamook Team where our philosophy is “Dairy Done Right.” As an independent farmer-owned cooperative, we have been guided by good, honest values since 1909. We believe in putting quality over profit, natural over artificial, and that hard work can never be outsmarted. We’re taking a stand for real food, because everyone deserves better.
What does real food mean to you? Is your favorite dish a cheesy casserole? Perhaps a decadent and indulgent ice cream? Either way, your identification with food is important to us. People who fit well here at Tillamook have a commitment to quality in everything they do. Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values.
What you will do:
This role is responsible for providing technical process expertise for cheesemaking at all Tillamook cheese manufacturing locations. With a focus on quality, key areas of leadership include establishment of production procedures, enhancement of production efficiencies, and troubleshooting problems. This position provides the vision, leadership, and coaching needed to develop and maintain the competencies and performance of all cheese making employees. This position also provides manufacturing technical expertise to the R&D department, coordinating plant trials and evaluating cheese products.
Here’s a day in the life:
· Develop a cheese manufacturing organization capable of producing desired business results for the production of premium quality cheese
· Establish a clear vision and set objectives for cheese manufacturing activities to ensure they support corporate strategic directives
· Establish and monitor departmental performance metrics
· Support all safety training programs and objectives
· Facilitate technical knowledge of the fundamentals of milk and cheese to achieve quality, flavor, and functional standards
· Provide input to the cheese department managers on the hiring, training, and retention of a high performing team in cheese manufacturing departments
· Responsible for setting, standardizing, and monitoring key process measures to improve efficiencies and reduce costs
· Provide coaching and mentoring to enhance individual and team performance
· Participate in R&D projects relating to cheese
· Define and monitor standard operating procedures (SOPs)
· Implement plans to correct any problems that are identified, determine where and why the problem occurred, and oversee specific corrective action
· Ensure compliance with USDA, ODA, FDA, and those of other regulatory agencies
· Establish/refine in-process cheesemaking testing and measures
· Monitor/improve the appropriate sanitation programs and master sanitation schedules
· Ensure Food Safety Plan is followed and provide input to the development of the plan.
· Implement and support all food safety training programs and objectives
· Assist with regulatory inspections and business related tours
· Establish effective/close working relationship with Quality Assurance, Sensory, R&D, and Quality Control
· Communicate effectively.
· Utilize a computer with intermediateknowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint
· Act as a team player and be able to interact with staff at all levels of the company.
· Work under pressure, meet deadlines, and be flexible in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Demonstrate excellent time-management skills with the ability to work independently with little supervision.
Skills you’ll need:
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Dairy Science, or similar field is preferred. Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible experience in cheese production with at least 5 years at management level.
Demonstrated ability to meet financial, quality and production targets.
Demonstrated experience using ERP system. MS Navision ( NAV) preferred.
Industry leading benefit and reward programs:
We believe in offering extremely high-level, comprehensive benefit programs to our employees. For more information, please visit the careers page: www.tillamook.com/careers.
Fulltime position; Salary is DOE
Tillamook County Creamery Association (TCCA) is a Drug-Free Workplace.
TCCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that abides by federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin; or their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities. Moreover, TCCA abides by federal and state laws requiring TCCA to make affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org