of Food Safety Compliance - New York, NY
Director of Food Safety Compliance will be responsible for developing,
administering, managing, and maintaining applicable food safety and quality
control programs & policies at Fairway’s Production and Distribution
Center (PDC) in the Bronx. He/she shall be responsible for ensuring the
implementation and continuous improvement of food safety focused programs,
including but not limited to, Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), Safe Quality Food (SQF) Food Safety and Quality
systems, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), and Food Safety
Modernization Act (FSMA) compliance. This position must be a Preventive
Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) and must have a “hands on” approach to
implementing changes. Current knowledge of USDA and FDA regulations a MUST.
Position reports to both the Senior Vice President and General Counsel and to
the Vice President of Operations for the PDC.
Responsibilities, Skills and Knowledge:
1. Evaluate food safety concerns in facility and implement programs to
2. Design and implement a comprehensive food safety program for the
Production and Distribution Center (PDC), including supplier verification,
risk-based preventive controls plan, good manufacturing practices (GMP) and a
3. Implement Hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP) plans,
including record keeping to monitor critical food
4. Ensure FSMA compliance with proper HACCP analysis and implementation.
Address and correct all violations and regulatory issues.
5. Implement, as necessary, product traceability system and ensure integrity
6. Establish and implement effective allergen controls and allergen labeling
SOPs/ compliance program.
7. Oversee and direct all food safety and sanitation programs, including
managing outside vendors.
8. Establish and communicate quality control (QC) requirements for all
management and production positions. Supervise and oversee activities of
Quality Control Specialist, PDC.
9. Manage pest control, sanitation and waste management programs, including
relationships with applicable vendors for the PDC.
10. Monitor and be conversant in regulations regarding food safety; stay up
to date with changes, developments and best practices.
11. Oversee implementation and management of nutritional labeling and
labeling compliance program.
12. Conduct routine food safety compliance training for the PDC.
13. Establish program to collect and monitor critical product safety
information including, but not limited to the following: Sample testing,
temperature reading collection, raw material testing and manufactured product
14. Oversee supplier compliance management system for PDC.
15. Work collaboratively and with a sense of urgency with Operations,
Compliance, Safety and Maintenance personnel to meet the Company’s compliance