The comprehensive food
safety information website
FESQA Scientist – Perishables/Seafood – Target
JOIN US AS A Food Safety and Quality Assurance Scientist
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: food safety, quality assurance, regulatory, HACCP, USDA, FDA, FSMA
About This Opportunity
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of a professional cross functional team supporting the commercialization of new products, continuous product improvement, and managing food safety and quality for Target Food and Beverage.
· Support Food Safety & Quality Assurance (FSQA) needs of Target food business for commercialization of new products, continuous product improvement, and managing food safety and quality incidents.
· Manage the qualification and on-going performance monitoring of food vendor facilities, including the review of vendors food safety and quality assurance systems through desk audit, on-site assessments and other necessary activities.
· Provide expertise in the development of specification and process controls to ensure food safety and ongoing quality assurance of all finished goods
· Analyze quality metrics, audit data, guest feedback, regulator and work group input. Highlight trends and potential opportunities, and provides continuous improvement recommendations to leadership.
· Maintain and build expertise in product regulations, product safety best practices, local public health / food service regulations and industry best practices.
· Assess and communicate food safety and quality assurance and/or regulatory guidance to internal and external partners.
· Lead project teams to develop and implement new FSQA programs or continuous improvement initiatives. Collaborate and influence cross functionally to gain buy-in and support for FSQA programs and processes.
· Ability to consistently perform in a fast-paced environment through leading and supporting multiple projects and initiatives.
· Ability to travel up to 40% domestically and internationally.
· B.S. in Food Science, Food Microbiology, or related discipline.
· 6+ years of experience in Food Safety and Quality Assurance with a strong focus in perishables and microbiological discipline.
· Strong working knowledge of food safety and quality assurance principles, programs, and practices.
· Detailed knowledge of successful implementation of GFSI standard at a food manufacturing facility.
· Knowledge of FDA (including FSMA) and USDA regulatory requirements.
· Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
· Capability to manage time and resources to execute projects and achieve goals.
· Strong communication, analytical, and problem solving skills.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com