Quality Supervisor - AdvancePierre Foods - Amherst,
AdvancePierre Foods, a leader in the food industry, is a
rapidly growing company that values a talented, diverse and dedicated
workforce. We have an opening for Quality Supervisor – 2nd Shift. Our
rapid growth allows us to provide a wide array of developmental
opportunities, and we reward associates who are results-oriented, live up to
their commitments, and who can align their work activities with the goals of
GREAT BENEFITS! (Medical, Dental, 401K
Match) COMPETITIVE SALARY!
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
- Verify and validate the
established Quality Service Programs; PCCP, Process controls, SSOP and
- Supervise the staff of the
- Monitor procedures and customer
- Conduct tests, projects and
process improvement work to obtain company's goals.
- Investigate customer complaints
and assist in product recall.
- Work with other departments on
continuous improvement of quality, yields and efficiencies so the
company can be more successful.
- Improve the effectiveness of the
quality system to better serve the business.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for Food Safety and
- Ensure food safety and personal
safety of people in our plant.
- Monitor production conditions,
specifications, process controls and tracking controls.
- Develop and monitor a system that
will verify checks on existing production control forms and be audited
on the same forms that meets all program requirements.
- Assure that formulas, grinding
instructions, product specification sheets are verified each shift.
- Develop and train Quality
Monitors on the HACCP paperwork that team leaders have verified and
assigned personnel have monitored HACCP CCP's and control points. If
problems exist then take appropriate measures
to correct any problems.
- Audit and verify all temperatures
recorded on the cook line. Take corrective actions whenever necessary,
assist in determining the root cause and development of a preventative
- Audit and verify weights of
portions, raw and cooked, against the weights on the product
specification sheet. Take corrective actions when necessary.
- Develop and monitor finished
product evaluations as determined by customer or in-house requirements.
- Verify all net weight checks.
Limits must meet those required in the approved program. Reporting of
high case weight values to production on process improvement report.
- Keep check on process controls
that effect product consistencies, quality and economic losses - product
on the floor, machine leakage, over weights, breading and batter losses
- In the event of absence, the next
level down on the organizational chart covers for the next level up.
- Employee has an individual
responsibility to report all possible deficiencies or practices that
could compromise food safety.
- Employee is to adhere to all Good
Manufacturing Practices (GMP) at all times.
- Temperature, odor, color, pack
date and chemical content must be checked on all meats received.
- Verify sanitation pre-operational
inspections and advise the sanitation management of any deficiencies
that need corrected that night.
- Monitor all quality procedures
and create or update procedures as necessary.
- Assist the other quality
management when needed.
- Work closely with the USDA in
maintaining compliance with federal regulations for labeling,
sanitation, and operating procedures.
- Work closely with Production and
Warehousing to achieve company goals for quality, productivity and
- Possess sufficient knowledge of
products to be in position to act as source of information and
- Keep abreast of company
developments that affect product specifications, quality, processes,
- Perform special assignments as
needed by the Quality Manager.
- Effectively utilize the resources
(personnel and lab) of the Quality Department.
- Monitor the time clock report
daily and adjust for discrepancies.
- Verify SSOP, GMPs, and HACPP CCP
as required or directed by Quality manager.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Self-motivated and work well
without close supervision.
- Be capable of making sound
judgments and decisions.
- Be able to direct personnel and
discipline fairly, even-handily and consistently.
- Be able to communicate
effectively to all levels of management.
- Quality Experience
- Associate's degree in food
technology/science with food background is preferred or degreed in a
related science OR previous 5 years
experience in a quality supervisory role.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
If you are interested in this great
opportunity with a competitive salary, please apply now!
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/jrgymj6xq5xv2tzd