The comprehensive food
safety information website
Our Research and Development department is on the forefront of product development and innovation. It is easy to be dedicated when you’re a part of something much bigger than yourself. We’ve got an insatiable appetite for making a difference.
Chobani’s R&D Scientist will work with a team of scientists and developers to create new and existing products from conception to commercialization.
The responsibilities of this position include:
· Design and execute experiments based on project objectives, excellent record keeping, data collection and analysis and preparing project summaries
· Operate/troubleshoot pilot plant equipment, e.g. plate heat exchangers, dynamic mixers, homogenizers, separators, etc.
· Conduct analytical measurements like, pH, viscosity, density, able to design and execute shelf life studies, brix, total solids etc.
· Execute research and development plans and strategies for product development in support of company objectives.
· Manage projects developing new and existing products from conceptualization to commercialization – this includes budget and target within certain time constraints.
· Communicate project requirements and recommendations as well as status to internal customers and external stake holders
· Lead, assist, and work directly with plant processing and production personnel to ensure trial runs and start-up operations are properly performed.
· The requirements of this position include:
· Minimum B.S. Food Science or related degree. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
· 5-7 years of food industry experience required, dairy is preferred
· Familiarity with Lean product development, basic research tools and statistical analysis.
· Maintain clean & safe manufacturing environment within all facilities.
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Firm understanding of product and process development
· Familiar with basic statistical analysis
· Business and product knowledge
· Must be a self-starter
· Willingness to travel
After moving to New York from his native Turkey, Chobani’s founder and CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious and widely available as it was back home. He believed everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural and accessible Greek yogurt right here in the United States.
“Better food for more people.” It’s a simple precept, but one that drives Chobani forward every day. From that first revived yogurt factory in New Berlin, New York, to a gleaming state-of-the-art facility in Twin Falls, Idaho, to an international foothold in Dandenong, Australia and beyond – in the few short years since its debut, Chobani has climbed to the top of the yogurt category and turned Greek yogurt into a household staple.
With a growing team of thousands, Chobani strives to stay true to and honor Hamdi’s vision and goals for our company: To develop and foster meaningful relationships with those around us, to give back to our local and global communities, and to create one perfect cup of yogurt at a time. As a company, we’re proud to offer careers with limitless opportunities. We look for only the most passionate and hard-working people who will share this vision and help our rapidly growing company reach the next level. Chobani gives us all the chance to make a difference.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org