The comprehensive food
safety information website
Manager, Quality Control - Southeastern Grocers - Jacksonville, FL
Job_Description = The manager, quality control (QC), will utilize extensive knowledge of supply chain and business processes to identify, develop and implement quality process and program improvements that will minimize risk to our company brands and ensure the customers expectations are consistently met and exceeded. This position is responsible for the day-to-day management and oversight of the companys product and QC programs for assigned categories and is considered a quality expert in multiple categories.
· Develop risk-based QC programs and processes for assigned categories, including vendor portfolio maintenance/monitoring, new vendor and product evaluation, existing product monitoring and supplier action plans after withdrawal, recall or other identified quality issue.
· Create the speed to market process of company own brands including category reviews, evaluations and reformulations for assigned categories; conduct or coordinate quality and food safety assessments of suppliers, as needed, to qualify new and existing suppliers.
· Develop and approve product specifications, certification audits and detailed information on products and suppliers within the company reporting program, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of supplier information data.
· Oversee in-depth analysis to determine root cause and resolve consumer complaints; identify opportunities for improvement and design process changes to prevent future issues.
· Review and approve, as required for assigned categories, revisions to existing packaging and ingredient labels to ensure consistency with company policies and applicable federal, state and local laws.
· Provide guidance and leadership to others on the QC team; manage direct reports with responsibilities to include recruiting, training, performance management, conflict resolution and discipline.
· Bachelors degree in food science, biology, chemistry or related field and five (5) years of experience in a food safety/quality role; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Certified GFSI Auditor.
· Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
· Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
· Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
· Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
· Exceptional problem resolution and process improvement skills.
· Superior analytical, organizational, decision-making and project management skills.
· Ability to research science and apply to current products as applicable.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com