Vice President of
Quality & Food Safety - Chicago, IL 60607 (Near West Side area)
Proteins - Chicago, IL 60607 (Near West Side area)
Vital Proteins is an emerging,
dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe
whole food based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and
wellbeing. Our team, where job titles and
hierarchy are meaningless, is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent
who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth.
Vital Proteins seeks to develop and support the right people, with the right
chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and
tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us
think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time.
Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the
team right is our business plan.
The Vice President of Quality and Regulatory's primary responsibility is to establish and
develop a world-class quality department and practices. The Vice President of
Quality and Regulatory will report to the CFO and operate out of the
corporate office in downtown Chicago with frequent travel to Franklin Park,
What you will be responsible for:
- Set vision and tone for quality
at Vital Proteins.
- Responsible for management of
all corporate QA Directors and Managers.
- Establish quality initiatives,
priorities and timelines.
- Serve as escalation point for
corporate quality issues with regards to:
- Finished product sampling and
- Equipment and product line
- Product complaints and
- Nonconformances and deviations
- Product withdrawals, recalls
- Internal and external audits
- Document change control
- Employee training
- Review and approve critical
customer complaints and product investigations, helping to assess risk,
identify root cause, CAPA plans, and implementing solutions with
- Work with quality subject
matter experts to generate ideas for projects and process improvements.
- Track and trend quality metrics
- Discusses issues and concerns
directly with operations management and senior leadership.
- Collaborates with operational
functions to troubleshoot manufacturing and production defects, CAPA,
and customer complaints. Provides advice with process improvements to
eliminate errors and reduce risk.
- Monitors compliance to
established Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and SQF (Safe Quality
- Provides recommendations for
product discontinuation, quarantine, destruction, rework,
withdrawal/recall to operations and quality management.
- Conducts all duties in
compliance with safety rules, applicable SOPs, and other applicable
- Provide regulatory guidance and
reviews for product labels and other advertising materials.
- Coordinate certifications and
audits with 3rd party agencies.
Who you are:
- 10 + years
experience in a SQF certified food environment
- 5 + years of experience in a
progressive leadership role
- Bachelors and Master's Degree
in related field
- HACCP Certified
- SQF Practitioner experience
- Strong interpersonal skills,
ability to coach and manage staff
- Strong verbal and written
- Microsoft Office product suite
capability including Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- You are passionate about the
health, fitness, and/or beauty markets
- Comfortable in a fast paced,