Food Safety Quality
Assurance Lead - Denver, CO
$60,000 - $65,000 a
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for daily
pre-operational and operational sanitation tasks while completing
corrective actions and preventative measures as required.
- Schedule and assign monitoring,
verification and recording tasks to ensure program compliance while
taking necessary corrective actions and preventative measures; programs
include SQF, FSQA, HACCP, SSOP, GMP, EV, Organic, Biosecurity, Metal
Detection, Test and Hold, and other QA programs.
- Responsible for adherence to
all QA Programs including SQF, HACCP, GMP, SSOP, SOP, while performing
corrective actions as necessary to ensure compliance.
- Monitor the daily/weekly
thermometer calibrations, perform corrective
actions as necessary and reporting of any non-compliances.
- Perform and record daily
monitoring of ambient temperature throughout the facility for
compliance, correction and reporting of any non-compliances.
- Conduct monitoring activities
for compliance to company biosecurity program and taking appropriate
corrective actions as required.
- Ensure facility is in full
compliance with all food safety and regulatory requirements, while
taking appropriate corrective actions as required.
- Monitor non-conforming product
segregation and implement corrective action to ensure compliance with standard
- Optimize product quality
through regular product inspection including the use of quantifiable
- Monitor microbial intervention
steps to ensure adherence to program requirements.
- Responsible for training of QA
Technicians and QA Sample Technicians.
- Responsible for environmental,
Pre-operational, Operational, Raw Material and Product Sampling program,
and assist with sample collection as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining all
relevant FSQA programs.
- Assist with USDA product
sampling as needed.
- Assist with mock recalls as
- Responsible for completion and
the documentation of all required QA tasks.
- Responsible for generating
reports and trend analysis.
- Responsible for assisting with
- Responsible for monitoring and
evaluating the job performance of QA Technicians and QA Sample
- Responsible for conducting
disciplinary actions for immediate reports.
- Work closely with USDA.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- HACCP Certification required
- SQF Certification required
- 3 years of red meat QA
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Ablity to learn other computer
- Proficient in written and
- Supervisory experience
- College degree preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $65,000.00
- Quality Assurance: 3 years
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off