An entry level position (some prior internship or other
experience is preferred) for an R&D Technician / Technologist for Twin
Rivers Foods, Inc. an established, but rapidly growing, poultry processor
based in Fayetteville AR. This position will assist the R&D Director in
executing a best-in-class Research and Development program to grow Twin Rivers
Foods, Inc. and its customers business and
profitability. This position will report to the Director of R&D, Twin
Rivers Foods, Inc. Pay and title are commensurate with education,
experience, and qualifications. Technologist will be expected to be able to
take on projects with less guidance.
- Bachelor's degree in Food
Science, Poultry Science, Meat Science or related discipline.
- Ability to work a flexible
schedule based on need.
- Ability to travel as needed,
- Successful Completion of a drug
and background screen.
- Must be able to lift and carry
up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in various
- Must be able to read, write,
and speak English.
- Ability to legally work in the
United States is required.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel,
Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Demonstrates ability to
prioritize activities in order to meet business critical time lines.
- Ability to take direction with
a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to learn new skills and
ways of working.
- Must adhere to Good
Manufacturing Practices (GMP's).
- Must be detail oriented and
have basic Mathematics skills.
- Must be able to work 40 or more
hours per week.
- Ability to multi-task, with the
personality to operate in a lean, conservative, company environment.
- Demonstrate communication
capabilities that promote participation, education and information
sharing, while setting high personal and departmental deliverables.
Responsibilities will include but not be restricted to:
- Assist with developing products
from concepts formed at ideation sessions and follow standardized
commercialization set-up procedures; execute projects according to
business plan timelines.
- Maintain a clean and organized
R&D test kitchen.
- Assist with improving current
products with regard to both cost and quality; submit creative ideas
for accomplishing these types of objectives.
- Provide periodic project
updates to the Dir. of R&D.
- Prepare bench top prototypes
and analyze using a variety of methods available in the R&D test
- Be able to take direction for
tasks and maintain accurate records and reports.
- Work with cross-functional
resources in development, planning, and implementation activities
involving new products and process improvement of current products.
- Provide assistance in
development of product and costing specifications related to new
products and the re-formulation of current products.
- Attend production runs, as
needed, to provide technical knowledge and suggestions for ongoing
- Package and ship samples as
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time