The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Safety Specialist-Corporate – Aurora, IL
At OSI, our success is built on a foundation of partnership with our customers, suppliers and employees and is what sets us apart. We are a results-oriented global company where talented, motivated, "can-do" people work together to deliver value for our customers. At OSI you will be challenged to solve problems and drive improvements that will help us grow our business.
ABOUT THIS JOB
As part of our Corporate QA Department you will be responsible for administering programs, training and audits related to sanitation practices targeted at eliminating microbiological issues and processing lethality.
· Conducts Sanitation Policy Audits and Sanitary Design Audits and needed follow-up, identifying area for sanitation quality improvements based on audit results.
· Implements company-wide sanitation programs, policies and practices related to microbiological issues or processing lethality based on audit results. Engages plant quality and operational staff to ensure successful program adoption or works with Corporate Engineering to resolve issues relating to processing equipment.
· Provides research, guidance and technical support to internal and external customers in the areas of microbiology, general food science, quality assurance practices (both general and proprietary) and food safety as relating to sanitation processes.
· Provides technical assistance to plant quality assurance personnel and sanitation to solve cleaning and microbiological issues, to assist in the continuous improvement of Sanitation crew effectiveness and performance, and verifying environmental sampling plans during structural or construction changes. Includes collaborative initiatives to develop and maintain training and resource material.
· Maintains the written Corporate Sanitation Policy Manual by updating policies and procedures and disseminating as applicable.
· Analyzes micro performance for Listeria monitoring programs and pre-operational results on a weekly basis taking appropriate action when results fail to meet specified expectations.
· Serves as sanitation quality liaison to a variety of external individuals including customer Sanitation experts during third party audits or other customer visits where plant sanitation is evaluated, sanitation vendors and third party sanitation service providers.
· Develop and maintain contacts within the meat industry in order to maintain the latest and most current information on the state of food safety, industry direction and food sanitation issues that affect the operations of the Company.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
· BS in microbiology, food science, animal science or related field required.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Two to five years in managing quality in a meat or food processing environment
· Thorough knowledge of HACCP, food safety and GMP principles.
· Ability to travel a minimum of 50%
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
The OSI Group is a premier food processing partner to leading brands across the globe with over 60 operations in 17 countries. Our worldwide operations create and manufacture custom meat, poultry, pizza, and other products for our customers. At OSI you can expect a challenging work environment and opportunity for advancement. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401k, profit sharing, paid vacation, paid holidays, company paid life, AD&D, STD and LTD, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program and more.
OSI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment is subject to satisfactory results of drug screen and background investigation, including criminal, verification of past employment, education credentials.
Aurora, Illinois, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com