The comprehensive food
safety information website
Director of Food Quality
Assurance, Product Development,
The Fremont Company
Established in 1905 and still family owned and operated, the Fremont Company manufactures, markets, and distributes food and beverage products worldwide.
This Director-Level position is a critical management role responsible for developing, administering, and maintaining programs that assure the production of high quality and safe food products. This opportunity is best suited for a high-energy and innovative person with extensive experience in the food manufacturing industry. It is a unique position that is involved with a product from concept to launch, and is responsible for monitoring the products quality throughout the life of the product. Qualified candidates should be able to demonstrate a proven track record of success in the food manufacturing industry, including exceptional leadership, communication, and management skills.
· Overall responsibility for Quality Assurance at 3 manufacturing plants in Ohio.
· Assures quality food products and processes by establishing and enforcing food safety programs and quality standards.
· Direct supervision of the Quality Assurance Managers at each facility.
· Manages and directs the overall quality function within the labs at each plant. This is accomplished through regular onsite visits, communications, and training.
· Establishes and oversees the content for GMP, Food Safety, SQF, and other quality related programs.
· Monitors food safety and quality evaluations for new suppliers, co-packers, other 3rd parties.
· Manages new process, package, and product development processes, consistent with brand standards and consumer needs. This includes all stages of product development from initial concept through production startup.
· Overall responsibility for planning, directing, and implementing the sanitation program at all 3 plants.
· Develop and enforce plant Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures and maintain SQF standards.
· Will supervise sanitation managers and assist with the development of their teams.
· BS in an area of science, such as microbiology, biology, food science, and/or food technology. Masters degree is a plus.
· 15 years of experience in a food manufacturing plant
· 5+ years of experience leading the Quality Assurance, Product Development, and Sanitation functions with a food manufacturing facility.
· Experience with SQF, GMP, Food Safety, and Sanitation Programs
· Must be able to demonstrate successful leadership, employee development, and coaching skills.
· Must be able to demonstrate previous success with new product development lifecycle.
· Position will report daily to the manufacturing plants. Applicants can consider any of our plants to be their home base. All plants are located in Ohio, with locations in Fremont, Willoughby, and Rockford.
Candidates should apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org The Fremont Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Hiring decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com