Technologist’s main objectives will be to assist in the development of new
product platforms, and drive the development of product line extensions,
product improvements, and cost savings. This person will also assist
the R&D and Innovation team to evaluate the technical viability of
concepts and partner with our suppliers, co-manufacturers, and internal team
to bring the concepts through to commercialization.
- Lead the benchtop development and
drive the commercialization of assigned projects.
- Support the R&D team, as need
be, on additional project initiatives, which include technical
feasibility assessments of concepts, new product platform development,
product improvements, and cost savings.
- Understand Plum’s values and
consumer needs. Use insights to build unique product attributes into new
- Define and communicate product
design criteria to external resources (vendors, co-manufacturers, etc.).
Collaborate with these to drive projects forward in a timely and
- Document observed results,
analyze data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations during product
- Help develop specifications for
ingredients and finished products.
- Conduct basic research of trends
- This position will require 30%
travel to support commercialization efforts.
- Minimum 1-4 years in CPG,
preferably with experience across several product categories.
- BS Degree in Food Science or
- Strong organizational and
communication skills with experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Balanced expertise in food
science, product development and culinary ability.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, MS
Word, MS Excel, and Genesis.
- Basic understanding of FDA and
USDA regulations, and ideally some experience with Organic and Kosher
- Ability to work in a fast paced
- Proactive approach and highly
motivated to learn new disciplines.
- An Innovator – You are passionate about the
world of design and innovation. You bring a unique perspective from your
experiences and your observations in the world around you.
- A Creative Problem Solver – You have a creative bent and
you love taking on challenges with a fresh perspective and creative
- An Action Oriented Doer – Someone who is driven by
results. Someone who strongly believes in accountability. A task
oriented self-starter who stays calm under pressure and proactively
takes on big ideas and projects.
- Hands On – Someone humble enough to tackle
low level mundane tasks some days and then drive high-level strategic
discussions the next. Someone who is hungry to learn and take on more
responsibility as the company grows.
- A Collaborator – One who works well with teams,
and can listen while still sharing a strong point of view.
- An Optimist – Someone with a can-do attitude,
who can lead in the face of uncertainty, and with a great sense of