The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Safety Specialist – Wilsonville, OR
Food Safety Specialist
Annual Salary - $38,000 - $42,000
Perks – Employee benefits 100% paid for by company, 401k w/fully vested match, sit/stand desk options, yoga ball options, company paid for learning and growth opportunities
CFM Management, Inc. of Wilsonville, is part of a family of companies, including: foodguys, and Gargoyle Storage and Distribution. With worldwide customers and vendors, we are rapidly growing. Due to continued expansion, we are adding to our team a Food Safety Specialist.
Before you apply, get to know our operating companies.
CFM-Management.com (Hiring Arm)
foodguys.com (industrial food sales)
GargoyleStorage.com (warehouse and oil production)
Then set aside a few minutes to submit your information. We can assure you that even though you are applying into at “system” there is no “key word indicators” or “bots” screening you out. There is a real live breathing person reading your information.
What you will be doing:
You will head our vendor approval process by carrying out the following tasks:
· Assuring vendor meet FSMA standards
· Review product documents
· Review third party audits
· *There will be occasional travel (domestic and international) to meet with vendors
· Responsible for document management
· Maintain the third party software program
· Collections for storage and distribution
· Create and implement employees SOP's, trainings and certifications for our foodguys team as well as coordinating the SQF II Certification for our Gargoyle team
· Interact with various government agencies related to food safety and regulatory guidelines i.e. Kosher, Organic, USDA/FDA, Project Non-GMO
Skills and Qualifications Required:
· Bachelor's Degree in Food Science
· FSPCA trained, this is not a requirement to get the job but it will be required within your first few months of starting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ability to write simple correspondence and to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to vendors, customers, and other employees of the organization
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and/or diagram form.
· PC proficiency, Microsoft Office product knowledge, Accounting software, accurate data entry skills
Why you want to work with CFM Management and foodguys:
· We’re rapidly growing
· It’s an opportunity to work with people who are really passionate about what they do
· Our company meetings; they are definitely a monthly highlight.
· We believe that personal growth and professional growth are closely aligned, and we will often find a way to support your growth and enable your success.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Must be able to perform the essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation, and without posing a safety risk to self or others.
Location: Wilsonville, OR
Job code: foodsafety072517
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com