Are you looking for
a new opportunity? Are you reliable and dependable? Are you
detail-oriented? If yes, apply now!
Lancaster Food is hiring
for a Food Safety Specialist to assist the Food Safety Manager with the day
to day operations in Quality Control and Food Safety. This position
will spend a majority of their time on the production floor verifying
quality checks, problem solving and auditing GMP compliance.
applicants must be able to pass a background check and drug test.~
- Supervising at least 8 Food
- Create schedule for Food Safety
- Environmental monitoring.
- Reviewing/correcting Food
Safety Techs paperwork.
- Trending monthly reports.
- Select food samples for sensory
evaluations and quality control.
- Production trouble
shooting/problem solving. .
- Enforcing food safety program,
GMP policy, and personal hygiene policy.
- Train Food Safety Technicians
- Responsible for raw product
- Responsible for quality checks
for outgoing products and returns.
- Identify unsanitary conditions
in food storage facility.
- Inventory/order supplies.
- Responsible for HACCP
- Handling consumer complaints.
- Adhere to GSFI standards
- Must work safely at all times and comply with all safety policies
- Comply with Lancaster Foods LLC
policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as
- B.S. degree in Food Safety (or
other science) preferred, but not required.
- Must be at least 18 years of
age to work in warehouse.
- Must have at least 2 years experience in food processing/manufacturing
- Must be detailed oriented and
have excellent follow up skills.
- Strong computer skills to
include but not limited to MS Office.
- Familiarity with HACCP, GMPís,
and food regulations.
- Bilingual a plus but not
- Must demonstrate basic math
- Must be proficient in reading
- Ability to occasionally lift
and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work a flexible
schedule to include holidays and weekends
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL
- Moving about on foot to
accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place
within the unit. Typically bends, lifts, carries, reaches/extends
arms and hands above shoulder height occasionally, or otherwise moves
in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing
up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to stand for up to 8
hours a day and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature
extremes in indoor (freezing temperatures) and outdoor
- Must wear a hairnet, beard net
[if applicable], and a white lab coat at all times
in the production part of the warehouse. Must observe all GMPís
- Reading and writing
work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity,
including the ability to understand the speech of customers and
co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be
understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and
receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced
- Normal hearing and
- Physical presence at the job
site is essential to perform job duties.
Lancaster Foods offers
competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a
generous 401(k) Match.
People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Lancaster Foods is an Equal
Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.