Food Safety &
Quality Manager - Tri-Cities, WA
This privately held agribusiness, a
food ingredient processor, is seeking a Food Safety & Quality (FSQ) Manager.
The position will be based at production facilities in Basin City and Pasco,
Leads organization-wide maintenance
and development of food safety, quality, and regulatory compliance systems.
Inspires all internal team members to assure food safety, quality and
regulatory compliance in all areas. Leads team members to embrace company
values and deliver performance through effective day-to-day mentoring,
development planning, effective goal setting, and by example. Acts as a
liaison for FSQ related requirements with customers, in order to deliver the
best possible support for customer needs. Leads continuous improvement
projects that proactively upgrade systems to achieve best in class
- Ensures the food safety and
quality of product and services through product testing, performing
audits of product lines, placing defective products on hold and taking
- Manages, develops, coaches and
mentors Quality Assurance team members.
- Maintains 3rd party certification
to Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) program. Serves as site
Preventive Controls Qualified Individual. Reviews, updates, and manages
company’s HACCP program.
- Responds to customer requests
and queries. Coordinates, performs, and completes all customer and
regulatory compliance audits and relevant documentation.
- Investigates and responds to
customer complaints and internal nonconformances.
Tracks complaint and reacts to emerging issues or trends engaging the
appropriate functions and process owners (i.e. production, maintenance,
etc.) to resolve.
- Working with company production
managers, puts in place work instructions, production criteria, and
standard operating procedures for corrective actions.
- Support R&D initiatives;
interprets customer specifications and implements internal requirements
to deliver products that meet customer needs.
- Verifies supplier compliance
with inbound raw materials and food contact packaging specifications.
- Develops and analyzes metrics
to track and ensure that food safety, quality control, quality
assurance, and regulatory compliance programs meet performance goals.
Experience and Knowledge
- 5+ years in Food Safety and
Quality Assurance in a food manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree in food
science or related field
- Experience managing SQF, BRC,
ISO, or a related Food Safety and Quality Management System at a food
- Knowledge of food technology,
food microbiology, and safe food handling procedures.
- Experience conducting food
facility audits and writing SOPs, work instructions, corrective actions,
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid
conclusions by using root cause analysis tools.
- Proficient computer skills in
spreadsheets; databases and word processing
- Adaptability - Adapts to
changes in the work environment and manages competing demands.
- Quality Management - Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and
- Written Communication - Writes
clearly and informatively, with strong attention to detail.
- Change Management - Develops
workable implementation plans and communicates changes effectively.
Prepares and supports those affected by change, monitors transition and
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses
on solving problems; actively listens to others' ideas and tries new
- Leadership – Self-motivated and
results oriented. Embodies the spirit of continuous improvement and
inspires it in others.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Company Describes Its Culture
- Detail-oriented -- quality and
- People-oriented -- supportive
- Team-oriented -- cooperative