Food Safety Manager
- Fayetteville, AR 72703
Cedar Lake is searching for BRC/SQF
experienced Food Safety Manager to support our Food Safety Systems and
suppliers. Past experience with food safety certification setup and
completion is desired. We are looking for candidate with an entrepreneurial
mentality who are hungry to grow and excited to
participate in helping the business thrive.
Food Safety Manager responsibilities
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Knowledge and understanding of
federal and state laws as they pertain to food safety and various
schemes’ requirements including GFSI, BRC, FSSC 22000, SQF, and FAMI-QS.
- Create or request Certificate
of Analysis documents when requested or required.
- Conduct and implement all
components of the audit process including but not limited to scheduling,
planning, travel arrangements, execution, and corrective action
- Subject to witness interviews,
surveillance audits, and supervision reviews by accreditation officers
and other members of Cedar Lake, as needed.
- Maintain applicable
professional development and training required for audit proficiency.
- Aid sales in filling out
customer supplier survey’s
or requests within their own systems. Such as HIVE or BPM.
- Maintain confidentiality and
impartiality in all aspects of work and adhere to all procedures
established by Cedar Lake and its auditing clients.
- Investigate product complaints
to determine root cause and put into pace corrective actions.
- Manage customer complaints
and/or deduction request from customers.
- Maintain and practice Cedar
Lake quality manual, policy, procedures, and SOPs.
- Ensure timeliness, consistency,
and accuracy in all audits and audit reports.
- Demonstrates and promotes the
- Assist with intern
- Pull sales reports
- Order shipping and coffee
- Pack coffee as needed
- Customer emails
- Basic modifications to the
The ideal candidate would possess:
- BRC, FSSC 22000, and/or SQF
- Strong computer, scientific,
and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral
and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive
- Ability to learn new
techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate
records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's food related or
bioscience discipline, or other related degree concentration, or
equivalent directly related experience (two years of directly related
industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in
- Completed a recognized HACCP
Training with certificate issued (16 hours, 2 days)
- Passed a recognized Lead
Auditor Training (40 hours, 5 days)
- Authorization to work in the
United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
- A history of accomplishing
goals and has a high expectation for personal performance.
Position is full-time,
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
As a Cedar Lake Products Inc.,
employee, you will become part of a company that is one of the most well know
food suppliers in the nation. We offer excellent full-time benefits including
comprehensive medical coverage and dental and vision options, paid holidays,
vacation, and personal days.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fayetteville, AR 72703
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who
- People-oriented -- enjoys
interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys
doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent --
enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in
unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture
- Aggressive -- competitive and
- Outcome-oriented --
results-focused with strong performance culture
- Detail-oriented -- quality and
This Job Is:
- A good first job for someone
who is just entering or re-entering the workforce with limited
experience or education
- A job for which all ages,
including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply