The comprehensive food
safety information website
Production Manager - Chicago Wet Storage LLC – Maryland, USA
Chicago Wet Storage is a first of its kind inland storage facility specifically designed for live mussels The process involves maintaining holding system parameters in saltwater mussel aquarium system as well as processing and packing of the mussels. We have recently received IDPH licensing and we are building this business from the ground up.
The position requires a hands-on, self-starter with strong leadership abilities who can build, train and supervise a team. This job will oversee all daily activities and functions of the plant, apart from other administrative activities. A strong background in food processing and experience with Seafood HACCP record keeping is required.
· Maintain food safety, food defense and regulatory compliance (Seafood HACCP, GMP, allergens, pest control, etc.)
· Direct all activities regarding sanitation of production equipment, dry storage and production coolers, in accordance with FDA, SSOP, HACCP and SQF.
· Monitor quality specifications of all incoming, outgoing and in process products.
· Lead daily production meetings with team to determine all daily activities.
· Monitor all payroll related activities of subordinates.
· Supervise job specific Quality Assurance and Standard Operating Procedure training, documentation and effectiveness.
· Participate in finished product inspection.
· Organize and participate in GMP inspections and monthly internal facility audits.
· Coach and develop a team of direct reports.
· Organize and supervise routine maintenance on equipment.
· Prepare samples for laboratory testing
Qualifications and Background
· Bachelor’s degree or 8 years food processing experience and strong background of running a team.
· Seafood HACCP certified (or willingness to become certified), SQF practitioner with FDA experience.
· Basic computer skills for data logging and payroll filing.
· Strong work ethic and problem-solving ability
The position is full time and salaried. All benefits and rates are negotiable.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com