G’day! We are looking for a Senior Food
Scientist (creativity of a culinary geek combined with the technical
ability of a food technologist) to join our R&D team. The Food
Scientist will use their knowledge, skills and abilities to develop new
products and reformulate our current flavors.
This position is based
in our beautiful production facility just north of Fort Collins, Colorado.
The ideal Senior Food
Scientist has a very flexible working style, loves to be hands-on, is able to handle change on the fly, brings a positive
attitude and energy to projects, and has the maturity to establish
excellent working relationships with internal cross functional teams and
Some travel is required.
Responsibilities: Essential job functions and duties
include, but are not limited to:
- Work with cross-functional
teams in the development of new product formulations and/or
reformulations of existing products, including commercialization.
- Bench top develop new products
given basic guidelines, goals and objectives.
- Manage a portfolio of assigned
product development projects through the various stages of the product
development life cycle.
- Lead nutritional labeling and
ingredient statements, product specifications and
- Facilitate product development
by working with vendors/suppliers as well as marketing, quality and
- Lead sourcing of ingredients.
- Draft product specifications
and establish production parameters and processing procedures.
- Confirm that products will meet
code by conducting shelf life testing for new product formulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food
Science or related field required. Culinary school with required
experience may substitute.
- At least 7 years of experience
in a Food Technologist/Technician or Scientist role.
- Culinary and Dairy experience
is a strong preference.
- Demonstrated experience in
product development and formulation from concept to completion.
Knowledge, Skills and
- Working knowledge of sensory
- Solid knowledge of the Code of
Federal Regulations, required
- Developed palette for tasting
and refined culinary knowledge.
- Knowledge of food safety, HACCP
and quality regulations and programs.
- Ability to travel, as needed,
to support product development activities.
- Creative ability and enjoys
exploration of new foods and flavors.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dairy: 1 year
- Food Technologist or Food
Scientist: 7 years
- Culinary: 1 year