R&D Food Technologist – Ontario, CA
Passport Food Group
- Ontario, CA
- Ontario, CA, USA
- Full Time
- BENEFITS PACKAGE • Medical,
Dental, Vision, Flexible expending account, Long Term Disability &
Life Insurance. • Employee Assistance Program (EAP) • Paid Time Off
(PTO) and Holiday Pay • Paid Bereavement Leave • 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Educational reimbursement • Supportive Work Environment • Ongoing
training and opportunities for career advancement and development
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Food Technologist is
responsible for new product development, line extension and providing
technical service using both a scientific and culinary approach.
- Develop new and line extension
products, and processes in response to Sales and/or customer requests.
- Produce bench top and pilot plant
samples and scale up formulation and processes in
- Commission the commercialization
of the products and assist QA in writing up the specifications and
- Maintain concise documentation of
tests carried out in the lab and record results of the tests.
- Design sensory evaluation
protocol, schedule and coordinate sensory evaluation of new products and
- Cost out new products and carry
out cost reduction projects or improve product quality without
- Conduct ingredient research,
contact suppliers and consult with their technical team for assistance
in the use of new ingredients.
- Carry out shelf life evaluations
of new products and potential shelf life extension of existing products.
- Confer with vendors, packaging
and marketing specialists to understand available technology and provide
ideas, solutions, and alternatives to meet food safety, quality, costs,
and customer requirements.
- Identify, evaluate and inspect
products from co-packers and from competitors.
- Carry out analysis of products
using lab equipment.
- Maintain databases of ingredient and
- Provide assistance with labeling
and nutritional analysis
- Carry out the routine quality
evaluations of products from production to make sure that our product
quality is consistent. Worked closely with the Chef on this
- Assist VP of Sales, VP of
Technical Service and Corporate Chef with various projects.
be able to work in three different climate controlled areas. Kitchens, Labs,
cooler and freezer. Must be able to lift occasionally up to 35lbs while
bending and turning.
job description does not list all the job duties of this position. Duties
listed are subject to change based on business and/or management needs.
Management reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
This is an exempt position.