The comprehensive food
safety information website
Safety and Quality Assurance - Hershey Entertainment & Resorts
This position is responsible for the Safety and Quality Assurance of all of the Food and Beverage outlets on the Entertainment Complex (Hersheypark, ZooAmerica, Hersheypark Arena, Hersheypark Stadium, GIANT Center & Hershey Theatre), to include the various operations of Culinary, Concessions, Catering, Restaurants, Cabanas, Suites and Bar Areas.
This position will develop and manage Safety and Quality Assurance programs, including activities that will ensure compliance with company policies, food safety standards, government regulations, and industry best practices including OSHA and HACCP.
The Manager of Food Safety and Quality Assurance will integrate safety, quality assurance and quality control into all functions within the Entertainment Complex.
· Educate facilities on safety and quality assurance with classroom and hands-on training in and assess risks including but not limited to; food preparation, proper holding procedures and temperatures, serving, storage, packaging, utility, ingredients, processes and sanitation.
· Oversee utilization and effectiveness of established food safety systems and drive continuous improvement of systems.
· Design food safety processes for risk assessment that meet recognized standards by the local health department, OSHA and HACCP regulations.
· Develop and lead audit process to include the audit of employees and supervisors during regular operations to ensure proper procedures are followed for food safety and sanitization.
· Lead the Training & Development Function in Food and Beverage by delivering appropriate curriculum and resource materials using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings and workshops.
· Administer and document cash handling policies, volunteer training, volunteer RAMP and several other required classes in order to better track and analyze employee training activities, organizational skills, knowledge gaps and training development needs of the operation.
· 18 years of age or older.
· Minimum of 4 years of related experience, preferably in food safety Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
· Must have a valid Drivers' License
· Bachelors degree - Biology, Food Science Relevant work experience can be substituted for education - 6 years
· Post-Employment - ServSafe Dual Status (Instructor/Proctor) Certification Post-Employment - ServSafe Allergen Certification
· Working knowledge of food safety, HACCP, working with State, local and third-party inspections.
· Prior experience in a high volume operation.
· Teaching/Coaching experience in a food related field.
· Detailed knowledge of OSHA, HACCP and other applicable industry health and safety standards
· Strong analytical skills to evaluate performance metrics and outcomes
· Strong problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to develop multiple solutions to an issue and make valid recommendations for resolution
· Requires operational knowledge of computer software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with employees, customers, vendors and management.
· Problem solving and analytical skills Ability to work effectively without supervision, showing initiative, good judgement and decision making skills.
· For more information, copy/paste the following link to be taken directly to the job posting: http://www.hersheyjobs.com/jobs/details.php?req=14052
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com