Food Safety and Compliance Manager - Mundelein, IL 60060
$75,000 a year
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure facilities remain up to
date and compliant with Food Safety Plans including ensuring annual
analysis, update-to-date rules and continued training, as needed.
- Responsible for regulatory audits
as necessary. Responsible for the administration of the company’s
quality systems by planning, coordinating, and directing manufacturing
plant quality assurance and food safety programs.
- Ensures continuous production of
products consistent with established standards by performing the
following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Researches, identifies, defines
and supports effective implementation of innovative or complex technical
applications supporting strategic initiatives significantly affecting
customer satisfaction, profitability, market leadership or other areas
of comparable importance.
- Establishes and maintains strong
external relationships within the quality and food safety communities.
- Effectively uses experience and
strong internal and external relationships to anticipate and act on
business and customer needs.
- Provides leadership and direction
for the development, interpretation and uniform application of QA
Systems throughout all manufacturing facilities.
- Maintains Quality System to
generate accurate and legally defensible results.
- Works with customers in
establishing specifications, reviewing supplier agreements, and
resolving quality concerns.
- Explores, identifies, and defines
improvement areas in order to improve quality and reduce total cost in
support of strategic initiatives.
- Reviews information systems and
insures they are integrated across departments. Leads the implementation
of new QA systems.
- Manages budgets for departments.
- Directly supervises staff of 6.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's
policies and applicable laws.
Qualification, Certification and
- Strong interpersonal skills,communication and
organization skills are essential.
- Knowledge of food laws, regulations,food safety,
- Minimum of 5 years QualityManagement and staff development experience
- Excellent troubleshooting anddecision making skills.
- Minimum education: College 4
- Quality certifications required.
Reports to: President.
Job Status: Regular Full-time.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Food Quality Assurance: 5 years
- Mundelein, IL 60060 (Required)
- English, Spanish is a +
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented -- would rather
focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys
working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives
in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including
older job seekers, are encouraged to apply