Product Developer –
Whole Foods Market
Product Developer, you will act as an integral part of the Innovation and
Quality team by supporting Exclusive Brand product development, technical
requirements and project workflow. Work with the Procurement team to evaluate
vendor-proposed product samples and related specifications for new and
existing food products and consumer goods. Provide final product information
to the Nutrition/Compliance and Specification Analysts.
This job is part of our Merchandising evolution. Join us now in ATX!
Learn more at www.joinwholefoods.com/merchandising
- Lead in the collection and
assessment of information on buyer preference, competitor products and
other business intelligence to make sound development recommendations on
behalf of team.
- Facilitate project completion
by being liaison for product samples and technical specifications in
- Execute product cuttings,
benchmarking and periodic ongoing quality reviews of Exclusive Brands
- Conduct research, perform data
analysis and provide accurate results and recommendations for final
products as necessary.
- Communicate specification
evaluations to Specification Analyst and cross functional team in a
- Perform technical reviews of
Nutrition Facts Panels against formulas and vendor specifications.
- Evaluate, validate and finalize
product preparation and cooking instructions for Exclusive Brands products.
- Track and manage product first
production dates and requirements; resolve action items with vendors.
- Evaluate, approve and release
finished product samples for shipment and sale as necessary.
- Assure accuracy and integrity
of information by adhering to WFM core values, quality and brand
- Resolve quality standards
discrepancies and product quality concerns with internal teams and
vendors as necessary.
- Assist with data entry,
transfer and workflow of technical information utilizing web-based
project management applications.
- Work on special projects as
assigned, such as evaluating competitive product, and application of new
policies, processes and technologies.
- Develop and implement methods
and procedures to assist in interdepartmental communication and project
Skills, & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Food
Science, Culinary Arts, Nutrition, Quality Assurance or related field
- Must have knowledge of Food
Science and Nutrition as it relates to CPG products.
- Must have good understanding of
product quality control and assurance.
- Must possess the ability to
manage multiple projects and priorities and deliver against rapid
- Must be detail oriented and
- Proficient Microsoft Office
skills (Outlook, Excel, Work, Visio); database experience preferred.
- Sensory evaluation experience
- Good understanding of product
quality control and assurance.
- Ability to manage multiple
projects and priorities and deliver against rapid development timelines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 3 years
experience working in the consumer packaged goods or ingredient
- In-depth understanding of
product development and related business processes.
- Experience developing natural
and organic products is a plus.
- A passion for food and strong
culinary skills are a plus.
- Knowledge of food labeling and
FDA/USDA regulations is helpful.
- General understanding of
product development, manufacturing and commercialization.
- Familiarity of retailer web
based specification systems would be ideal.
Whole Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all
team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Whole
Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their
qualifications for the position to be filled.