The comprehensive food
safety information website
of Food Safety – Pleasanton, CA
Director of Food Safety
Location 1 - Home Office
City Pleasanton - CA
Job Code 2568
Specialty's Cafe & Bakery, a healthy concept that focuses on quality and guest service, is expanding! We are a fast-growing hospitality company with multiple locations in multiple states. We currently have 55 stores and are rapidly expanding in California, Illinois and the Pacific Northwest. We are proud to say that we achieve our goals by recognizing every team member’s contributions and efforts by fostering a work environment that is motivating, fast-paced, and fun, while also strongly encouraging and supporting a healthy work-life balance.
Specialty's Café & Bakery is an equal opportunity employer and offers an environment which treats all of our employees with mutual trust and respect. We encourage open and honest communication and recognize creativity.
The Director of Food Safety will develop and oversee all food safety regulations, policies, and procedures. The successful candidate will lead developing, planning and directing quality initiatives in support of quality assurance operations and goals. They will be responsible for ensuring that company standards are exceeded with an emphasis on continuous improvement, providing support, structure and documented formalized training for employees within the organization in all areas. This will include HACCP, SQF, GFSI, regulatory audits, food safety training programs, standard operating procedures, audit checklist and product inspections from vendor to customer.
Specific Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
· Lead the execution of cultural changes and activities needed to support Continuous Improvement and QA&FS Initiatives
· An advanced understanding of quality systems with an emphasis on auditing of suppliers/vendors and food safety programs
· Develop and maintain documentation such as SOP’s, as well as maintenance of manuals, policies and procedures as relate to any food safety concerns
· Conduct facility food safety audits as well as manage third party audits
· Monitor and verify activities to ensure that all products coming in and out of the facility meet food safety standards in addition to quality standards
· Update existing food safety procedures and documentation to keep up with changing requirements
· Assist buyers with training and educating potential suppliers to ensure compliance
· Work closely with Operations Manager and/or General Manager on any food safety or quality assurance issues
· Ensure that all company food safety and quality assurance procedures are followed and documented correctly at all times
· Team with other Departments to ensure accurate implementation and enforcement of food safety standards our adhered too.
· Be relentless in developing strategies and tactics that drive continuous improvement in all areas of food safety
· Establish, develop and maintain long-term relationships with existing and new strategic suppliers to ensure adequate capacity, enforce quality standards and exceed cost and inventory objectives.
· Ensure purchases of raw materials and packaging are made in line with all food safety standards and meet or exceed regulatory compliances
· Ensures that all suppliers are meeting their own specifications.
· Conducts pre-screening of potential suppliers
· Provides QA complaint resolutions with customers.
· Monitors QA trends to identify system improvements opportunities.
· Develop and maintains systems for product quality checks and reporting
· Assesses supplier performance via QA specifications
· Develop and maintain reporting systems to assess supplier’s performance per QA specifications
· Bachelors Degree in Food Science or related field preferred and or a minimum of 8+ years of food safety experience, with management level experience in HACCP, USDA, or FDA with a strong background of supervising teams
· Comprehensive knowledge of HACCP, GMP’s, and GFSI standards
· Ability to drive positive change in both processes and systems and culture
· Self-directed with high integrity and the maturity commensurate with being an effective leader
· Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with external customers with great follow up skills
· Experience in monitoring and improving internal controls and processes
· Familiarity with beverage/supplement/nutrition market and/or retail chain distribution.
· Strong project management and computer skills, including Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint;
· Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement and manage to/achieve metrics
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org