SUMMARY: Oversees and provides supervision of
all food safety and quality assurance programs and assigned personnel. Work
and professional demeanor will be consistent with the policies, practices,
and objectives established by our company and its shareholders.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Lead the development and
improvement of HACCP or HAPC Plans, SSOP compliance, preparation for
audits, response to NRs and NOIEs as needed.
- This position has the authority
to hold product that does not conform to customer agreements, finished
product specifications, or legal requirements and is also authorized
to make decision regarding product disposition including release.
- Function as primary QA
leadership and interacting with production and other personnel to
assure compliance to food safety program.
- Assist in implementing,
maintaining, evaluating, enforcing, and updating FDA regulatory,
Corporate Guidelines and QC Programs.
- Responsible for the hiring,
training, and performance review of assigned personnel.
- Manage the internal quality
audit function for the assigned site and ensure effectiveness of the
corrective and preventative action process within the framework of the
plant's Quality Management System
- Responsibility for on-site
product risk assessment and risk management plan
- Attend site leadership meetings
to report and drive continuous improvement: sanitation, food safety,
quality, and preventative maintenance.
- Enforce production suspension to
ensure food safety and quality continuity
- Ensure regulatory compliance
with respect to FSMA, FDA, State and local authorities
- Develop & implement site
specific programs for Preventative Controls, GMP’s, SSOPs, allergen
control etc. for assigned locations
- Develop and conduct site
specific training programs for employees for assigned locations
- Manage Preventative Controls
and SOP validations and verifications and documentation management
- Manage to contract 3rd party
labs and develop bacteria and quality lab testing as needed
- Perform 3rd party audit
preparation and suppliers audits as
- Ensure sanitation requirements
are maintained in all areas of the facility.
- Work with customers and end
users directly to understand, reduce and eliminate product returns and
- Manage vendor relationship to
ensure food safety and raw materials compliance specification.
- Manage labeling compliance with
the FDA regulations.
- Manage customer complaint/returns
and implement corrective actions.
- Ensure complete data collection
and trending on relevant programs.
- Implement GFSI food safety
- Prepared Salad or Food Industry
background/experience with food safety/quality knowledge in a fresh
cut produce production environment required
- Experience with a Preventative
Controls plan design, measurement, documentation & training
required. Formal PCQI training/certification preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
required, including the ability to relate and positively influence
employees & third parties at all organizational level
- Must have the ability to make
sound judgment and good decisions regarding quality and wholesomeness
- Strong Leadership. Managerial
Skills and the ability to coach and develop employees
- Able to prioritize/adjust
quickly to changing work environment with minimal supervision to meet
changing plant needs.
Prefer a minimum of 5
years food safety and quality experience required in food service
processing or a distribution facility. Food safety training, sanitation
(SSOP & GMP), FDA quality troubleshooting and QA process improving
skills also required. Formal PCQI training/certification preferred.
- S. Degree in Food Science, Food
safety, or related field required.
- Accurate, organized, willing to
follow recommended procedures; excellent in written and oral
- Able to follow up on projects
and meet company objectives.
- Able to work flexible hours
- Able to drive and/or travel to
meetings or seminars as required.
- Proficient use of PC including
Excel, Word, Access, and Power point.
- Must be able to lift, carry, or
move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS :
- Special projects or assignments
as requested by immediate supervisor.
Job Type: Full-time
- Food Safety & Quality
Assurance: 5 years