National Food Safety
& Quality Standards Coordinator - Chesterfield, NH
United Natural Foods Inc.
Responsible for managing and
maintaining the compliance database(s) with regards to food safety, recall
and organic certification documentation. Provide support of division organic
certification audits. Maintain the Albertís Organic product coding system that
organizes the company database.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Support organic certification
process and activities regarding supplier organic certification (DIPI)
- Manage and maintain compliance
database to ensure complete record creation and document archiving.
Ensure all compliance database documents are entered within 24 - 48
hours of receipt.
- Support division organic
certification audits: coordinate document requests, facilitate document
reviews with auditors, and ensure availability as needed throughout
- Provide clear and timely
communication to all Albertís DC Replenishment Buyers & UNFI SMís,
Commodity Buyers and Pacific Organic regarding compliance documents
required, such as updates for expired documents, forms and documents
required by AO/UNFI/PACO, others as necessary.
- Issue product codes within 48
hours, or sooner in emergency situations, for new produce and Fresh
- Conduct quality audits of product
coding system to ensure miscoding errors are promptly identified;
correct coding errors immediately, as necessary.
- Collect all data and
documentation as required for SOX compliance in
regards to Vendors and Product information.
- Provide back-up during recall
events as necessary.
- Perform all duties in a highly
ethical manner and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
Serve as a role model for others throughout the organization by
consistent demonstration of high ethical standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associates degree in business or
related major or equivalent training and experience
- 3+ yearsí experience working in
an office and in a customer service role in a high volume, fast-paced
produce/purchasing/food industry environment
- Organics industry experience
- System Implementation preferred
- Strong computer skills, including
Internet, MS Outlook, Excel, and Word; PowerPoint a plus
- English/Spanish bilingual skills
- Valid driverís license required
- Self-starter with strong
organizational and multi-tasking skills; ability to manage varied
responsibilities at various stages of completion
- Detail-oriented with the ability
to get the job done in a timely manner
- Strong oral/written communication
skills; ability to interact with ease with employees at all levels of
the organization and externally with vendors, etc
- Flexible to changing situations,
work requirements and schedules; must be willing to do whatever is necessary
to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to work independently
with minimal supervision and in a dynamic team environment
- Competent to learn and adapt to
new computer applications, system upgrades and other technology as
- Ability to develop and maintain
effective, positive internal/external working relationships with a
diverse group of individuals; a team player
- Able to quickly size up needs and
make recommendations for improvement and efficiency
- Ability to handle
confidential/sensitive information while maintaining confidentiality