The comprehensive food
safety information website
QA Supervisor - Othello, WA 99344
SVZ-USA In Othello, WA is now
seeking a new QA Supervisor. Our ideal candidate has previous experience in a
manufacturing setting with an emphasis in the food industry.
Ensure all products manufactured at the plant meet quality and food safety standards, all relevant regulatory agencies, and our customers. Direct the Quality Assurance and Compliance efforts and the laboratory employees to ensure that staffing is in place for all shifts and those personnel are properly carrying out the responsibilities assigned to them. Report directly to the Quality Assurance Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the essential functions, qualifications, physical demands, and the work environment encountered in this position.
· Provide technical support to ensure compliance to federal, state, and local food industry regulations and company policies as applicable to operations of facility (HACCP, cGMPs, FSMA, SSOPs, and Organic etc.)
· Implement, monitor and update quality and food safety programs in conjunction with other departments to meet company, BRC, customers and regulatory requirements.
· Analyze quality control test results and communicate quality control information to all relevant organizational departments.
· Maintain and update laboratory standard operating procedures (SOP’s), laboratory SDS’s and Quality Assurance Manual.
· Coordinate and conduct facility audits and ensure corrective actions are tracked and follow-up reports are completed.
· Assist production and operations management in the development and implementation of corrective actions and appropriate documentation in response to audit and inspection findings.
· Review laboratory and production documents daily to assess the quality of products, determine that products meet customer specifications and regulatory requirements.
· Provide support to sales in providing pertinent information to customers and assist in complaint investigation.
· Track and report restricted and over aged products. Work with department managers in determining disposition, root cause and corrective action.
· Oversee microbiological program on finished products including issue investigation and follow-up as well as environmental monitoring, compliance to pesticides and heavy metals.
· Monitor product testing activities throughout production to evaluate quality.
· Monitor performance of quality control systems to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
· Track defects, test results, or other regularly reported quality control data.
· Identify quality problems or areas for improvement and recommend solutions.
· Verify that raw materials, purchased parts or components, in-process samples, and finished products meet established testing and inspection standards.
· In the absence of QA Manager, QA Supervisor will perform the duties and responsibilities of the QA Manager.
· Knowledge of math, statistics, and their applications.
· Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
· The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
· The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology or related field REQUIRED
· 1 to 2 years of supervisory experience in QA/QC in the food industry (fruits/vegetables) is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 10 to 30 pounds and at times lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will normally be in a controlled laboratory environment. The employee occasionally is near moving mechanical parts and exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The noise level in the plant environment is usually loud.
Job Type: Full-time
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com