Food Safety Quality
Assurance Manager - Dallas, TX 75220 (Preston Hollow area)
$50,000 - $60,000 a
JOB CATEGORY: QUALITY
JOB TITLE: Food Safety Quality Assurance
LOCATION: US – TX – Dallas
COMPANY: Holy Kombucha
is a fun fast-growing health beverage company that has exciting opportunities
to work with like-minded peers who are passionate about kombucha,
making a difference in the world, and challenging status quo.
Enhance and lead processes, programs
and activities that will improve the production of our kombucha
tea product and assure product and process improvements across the plant.
- Lead and ensure the
development, training, execution, maintenance, continuous improvement
and verification/validation of all plant Food Safety and Quality Systems
- HACCP Program,
- GMP Program and SOP,
- Sanitation SOP,
- Pest Control Program,
- Approved Supplier Program,
- Foreign Material Control,
- Plant Sanitation,
- Chemical Control,
- Product Quality Assurance,
- FSQA Customer Complaint,
- Recall and Traceability Program
including Mock Recall,
- Food Defense and Security
- Ensure compliance with all
regulatory, customer and corporate programs including food safety
standards, kombucha quality standards, local,
state and federal regulations (FSMA).
- Maintains consistent
communication and fosters teamwork between all personnel, teams,
departments and shifts.
- Ensures company policies and
procedures are fairly administered between departments and shifts.
- Lead as food safety team leader
to drive food safety and hygiene improvement.
- Drive food safety and hygiene
improvement projects to meet international standards
- Integrate food safety and
quality controls throughout MRP program where possible
- Manage and maintain all
programs to ensure continuous certifications for organic and GMP certification.
Become certified and maintenance of certifications in Non-GMO, Raw,
Vegan, and Kosher.
- Verify effectiveness of hygiene
and sanitation programs with investigation, root cause analysis, ensure corrective action and preventive action to
avoid problem re-occurrence.
- Ensure that the procedure, work
instruction and specifications in working areas are updated.
- Carry out internal audits both
announced and unannounced.
- Responsible for developing
annual Quality and Sanitation budgets and managing cost control
throughout the calendar year.
- Champion the use of Quality
Improvement Tools, Lean Manufacturing, and Root Cause Analysis.
- Serve as the on-site liaison
with FDA regulatory officials, compliance auditors and other external
- Provide leadership to help
ensure a safe work environment throughout the plant. Develop,
enhance procedures to ensure all OSHA safety rules and regulations are
met and that all corrective actions are taken.
- Manage laboratory
infrastructure including analytical methods and calibration programs as
part of SOP.
- Improve product quality
utilizing key product / process attributes, sensory and quality metrics
- Strong SPC background to manage
the collection, trending, and reporting of data to identify root cause
and areas of opportunity including but not limited to key product
attributes, shelf life, and productivity while maintaining quality.
- Manage recipes, ingredient,
nutritional and claim labeling requirements in accordance with FDA
regulations and standards
- Primary point of contact in
addressing and providing resolutions to customer and vendor complaints
- Bachelor’s degree in Food
Science, Engineering, food safety, biology, chemistry or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years managerial
experience in food/beverage quality and safety system with increasing
levels of responsibility with a fast moving and growing business
- Understanding of lean quality
programs such as Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing
- Microbiological laboratory
- Experience with Statistical
- Experience with Regulatory
- Experience in
food/beverage/brewery production facility sanitation
- English and Spanish, preferred
- Ability to do algebra including
add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole
numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to utilize proportions,
compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid
conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several
abstract and concrete variables.
- Completed PCQI training,
completed certificate required upon hiring
- Certified HACCP Manager,
completed certificate required upon hiring
- Internal Auditor training
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have excellent
communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to develop and motivate
salaried and hourly personnel.
- Able to work overtime,
weekends, and off shifts as required or deemed necessary.
- Experience or knowledge of all
applicable food industry related quality systems.
- Detail Oriented: Capable of
carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task
- Team Player: Works well as a
member of a group
- Leader: Inspires teammates to
- $50,000-60,000+ DOE with
bonuses of up to $10,000 commensurate upon quarterly and annual
performance goals relating to quality, certification and audit in a
- Free Booch
on the Daily! : ) , Paid Time Off, Health and Benefit plans offered
- Opportunities to attend
industry based events and professional development.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00
- Quality Management: 3 years
- Microbiological Laboratory: 2
- PCQI (Required)
- HACCP (Required)
Hours per Week:
Security Clearance Required:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off