Cuisine 5 reviews
Reporting to the Director of Quality Assurance, the
Quality Specialist (QS) is directly responsible for the general
implementation, execution of food safety and quality assurance functions as
assigned by the QA Leadership in support of our commitment to our customers
and of our Mission Statement. The QS must be able to execute all quality
functions and can train other team members in the proper execution of all
The QS must be able to interact across inter-departmental boundaries in a
professional, pro-active manner, avoiding conflicts and exemplifying a
collaborative spirit. In the absence of the QA Supervisor the duties will be
assumed by the QS.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Must be able to write SOPs and
Quality Assurance Programs
- Respond to customer complaints:
investigate, evaluate and communicate to upper management and trend data
- Must be able to effectively train
others on SOPs and QA Programs
- Manage 3rd Party Verification
- Set up and Conduct Internal Food
Safety Validation Studies
- Must be able to review all
- Must be able to interact with all
supervisors and leads in a positive and effective manner
- Provide failure analysis and
- Responsible for ensuring the
employees follow GMP and safety guidelines.
This position reports to the Quality Assurance Director and is a member of
the Quality Assurance team.
- HACCP trained (HACCP certified
preferred) also PCQI trained.
- SQF Practitioner, Development and
implementation of the SQF program.
- Develop programs/improve programs
with interdepartmental cooperation
- Validation experience to support
SQF and USDA/FDA requirements
- Proficient in document control,
Review HACCP records,
- Problem solving, trend data,
- Solid interpersonal, verbal and
written communication and presentation skills.
- Loves change and thrilled by
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Passion for artisan quality food
and relationships built on trust
- High standards in food safety,
workplace safety, and sanitation
- Training program development and
- Strong USDA, FDA, kosher, organic
and third party management skills
- Responsible for ensuring
compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Strong creative, communication,
organizational, collaboration and leadership skills.