Scientist - Fairmont, MN
Fairmont Foods Inc. has an exciting
opportunity available to join our Research and Development staff. As part of
our R&D group you will work with our sales and production departments to
develop solutions for our customers. Fairmont Foods is a part of the Downs
Downs Foods Group, a family-owned company, has earned the trust of our
business partners through integrity, quality and value. These principles date
from our founding in 1947, and remain at the forefront of our business philosophy
Education: Bachelorís Degree, preferably in Meat or Food Science or Culinology
Years of Related Experience: 5+ years related experience
- Technical knowledge in the
manufacturing of various Prepared Meals and Batter/Breaded Proteins.
- Formulation of new products.
- Benchtop, pilot plant, and
commercial scale new product development.
- Continuous improvement
- Ability to define problems, collect and interpret data, draw valid conclusions,
and propose solutions.
- Must be able to translate
product feedback into optimized solutions.
R &D Responsibilities
- Document and reports on test
runs and results. Identifies any potential issues or improvements to the
process or formulations and discusses with management team.
- Develops new products and line
extensions from bench top to commercialization..
- Coordinate with external
vendors for ingredients and other material needs in order to fulfill
- Collects and enters formulation
and yield information.
- Maintains information regarding
ingredient specifications, formulas, processes and analytical data such
as quality attributes, yield information, and sensory results.
- Reports on the Sample Status to
team members and discusses any implications to the business
- Assist management with project
timelines and status updates.
- Assist with providing product
information for technical support to internal and external customers.
- Helps identify Plant and
Process Improvement Initiatives
- Support cost-out initiatives on
existing products and process; follows through with in-plant trials.
- Will assist in customer data
- Organize internal product
cuttings with customers or manufacturing team.
EEO/Veteran Friendly Employer