The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Assurance Manager – Eat Local – Burien (Near Seattle), WA
Eat Local, Remarkable Frozen Meals Handmade in Burien Washington.
Our kitchen is the heart of the business. We believe passionately that people can cook much tastier food than a factory full of machines. Our kitchen in Burien, Washington, operates much like a big hotel kitchen. The Prep section prepares all the raw ingredients, chopping, dicing, mincing, trimming... The cooks use brat pans. The Mix & Weigh section makes sure all the components of a dish are assembled correctly. The Finishing line then puts the food into trays by hand, layering lasagna, carefully spreading mash, sprinkling herbs to garnish. In the Pastry room, the team carefully crafts pies by hand. Everything is blast chilled and frozen, locking in flavor and nutrients so every dish tastes freshly homemade when it emerges from a customer's oven or microwave at home.
Reporting to the Founder and President, the Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for the oversight of the production and packaging departments within the company's facility and ensure compliance with USDA regulations and organizational policies. Key drivers of success will include training, people management, and efficient co-ordination of the team.
· Works closely with the organizations leadership group providing insight on specific manufacturing issues, innovations and needs.
· Establish effective employee relations and develop a culture of collaboration and innovation.
· Oversee food safety consumer audits and USDA inspections.
· Takes the lead on continuous improvement initiatives as related to production, equipment and quality.
· Leads troubleshooting of issues related to production and packaging and coaches the team on developing solutions.
· Document control relevant to QA and aligning within HACCP.
· Develops and maintains SOPs within a GMP environment
· BA or BSC in Food Science, Management, Engineering.
· At least five years progressive experience in a food manufacturing environment.
· Highly developed communication skills both written and verbal. You will be liaising with managers and key personnel on daily basis collaborating on issues relating to manufacturing. You will be responsible for communicating objectives to your team and ensuring adherence will policies as well as writing reports, plans and memos.
· Proven experience in a food manufacturing environment.
· Natural leadership skills with the ability to lead through influence. Empowers team with knowledge and skills needed to get their job done.
· Strong numerical ability coupled with critical thinking are essential in this role.
· An ability to review specific analysis and apply knowledge and insight within the production facility.
· MS Office and Time and Attendance software.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com